Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Trying to find somewhere to join, Help
#
I am been trying find somewhere to join a roleplayer but it seems each site I found on here people expect everyone being advance which isn't fair for anyone. I would make my own forum site but I don't know to edit things yet. I want place where it's for beginners and advance but if someone could help me make my own forum that would mean so much to me because I really want to do fantasy roleplay and have it all about being creativity then how we people write.
#
There are many sites that are geared towards newbies. Mine, for instance, are all for everyone, new and old.

I can't advertise here, but my signature shows all my sites.

signature
#
Yeah it's hard to find nice people like you I was on probroad and these people are Marvel/DC roleplayers and they were saying how they didn't mind my writing because they welcome everyone that my writing can get better over time. They know roleplay isn't all about being advance only to be describing and open minded.
I am making my own site on here but I know now I can't do it by myself, http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/blink.gif I had no idea it would be so hard to edit but if someone wasn't so harsh claiming only advance people could rp in medieval fantasy site then I wouldn't need to make my own.

This post has been edited by Princesspumpkinbri: Oct 5 2016, 03:33 PM
#
QUOTE (Princesspumpkinbri @ Oct 5 2016, 11:32 AM)
Yeah it's  hard to find nice people like  you I  was on probroad and these  people  are Marvel/DC  roleplayers and they were saying how they didn't mind my writing  because they welcome  everyone that my writing can get better over time. They know roleplay isn't all about being  advance only to be describing and open minded.
I am making my own site on here but I know now I can't do it by myself,  http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/blink.gif  I had no idea  it would be so hard to edit but if someone wasn't so harsh claiming only  advance people could rp in medieval fantasy site then I wouldn't need to make my own.

Making your own site isn't easy.

Says the person who owns/co-owns 9 sites of his own.

signature
#
LOL No kidding I wonder how in in world did make so many!
#
What exactly do they mean by "advanced" anyway?

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Writing possibly 30 paragraph and know advance words anicent like ' Thus' and so on. They told me I couldn't rp on their site because I am not ' advance' writer as them. When I have heart and mind of artistic person then someone snobby goodey two shoes advance writer I am all about being imaginative and free. :/
Even the admin himself is curious why this advance thing is such big deal. x'D I am not surprise if I owned this site I think I would want to question about this.

This post has been edited by Princesspumpkinbri: Oct 5 2016, 04:43 PM
#
QUOTE (Princesspumpkinbri @ Oct 5 2016, 12:32 PM)
Writing  possibly  30  paragraph and know advance  words  anicent like ' Thus' and so  on. They  told me I couldn't  rp on their  site because I am not ' advance' writer as them. When I have heart and mind of  artistic person then someone snobby goodey  two shoes advance writer I am all about being imaginative and  free. :/
Even  the admin himself is curious why this  advance thing is such big deal.  x'D I am not surprise if I owned this site I think I would want  to question about this.

I consider myself an "advanced" rper and even I don't write thirty paragraphs. LOL

signature
#
>.> Me either! Someone expects me write a whole 2 pages for them I might be laughing taking exit right there. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif And I am still getting better at my writing so idea trying make my own site is pretty smart. I am glad admin here add easy adds for themes and colors! My favorite one is the vanilla one, it's pretty cool pick for theme.http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Princesspumpkinbri: Oct 5 2016, 05:26 PM
#
A majority of sites that class themselves as advanced required at least 3 paragraphs per post or a word count. From your posts here the reason they likely consider you not within those perimeters and are not willing to teach you or help you is due to the fact it sounds like your a Non-English speaker primarily. While it sucks that they're being to be blunt jerks about it, there is nothing we can really do about it you're best off going to a forum directory which you can Google and find plenty of and then searching within it for roleplays that do not have word counts and fit the genre you wish to roleplay.

I've run a Harry Potter Roleplay and admined on two of the largest Harry Potter roleplays out there and will be honest if you come on the site not knowing the genre or the fandom and the words within it that will get you a lot of flack as well. So just find something you know and enjoy and hunt out a site that advertises itself as welcoming to new members or new roleplayers and has no word counts or paragraph restrictions when posting and you'll be fine.

These are a few good resource sites that have directories you can search through for forums you might be interested in:

RPG-Resources
Caution 2.0
Candyland Couture

signature

user posted image
DeviantArt | Email: crystal@jcink.com | Blog: Seriously Lacqueing

user posted image user posted image user posted image
RPG-Resources
List your forum in our Directory today!
#
Beside what I am looking for I know Harry Potter and other stuff, it's problem that I been dealing with instead of them being nice to beginners and willing help them through while roleplaying with them on the site they rather be harsh to people like me who are trying get better wanting to become book writer in future only seek test out writing paragraph the very first time. I looked on google only found immature advance rpers who seem not very polite to people trying rp not just for writing but imagination as well even creativity of our own to share with everyone.
I'll make account on there take look even get help, thank you for giving me access to those places I am sure people on there would also like help out the site I made I want place for everyone not just advance rpers but beginners like me taught long the way by other members. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif
#
I agree caution to the wind is a pretty good place to filter through for RPGs. Good Luck.
PS maybe even TOP RP SITES.. idk?

This post has been edited by Ghost: Oct 5 2016, 06:07 PM

signature
user posted image
PM
#
I am still going make my own site activity but I hope find nice people on them. I might check that one out too, I feel bad for those experience the same thing as I do.
#
    I wouldn't call them jerks or anything of the sort if they are trying to maintain the experience of the site for their current members. Many individuals use role-playing as a hobby to get away from the stress of real life and want to be comfortable writing with people who are on the same level as them. I know a few people who don't feel like they can contribute to someone learning better English through role-playing, and, frankly, it's not their responsibility to do so.

I do suggest checking out the directories others have posted, and other places like SHINE, A Thousand Fireflies, Shadowplay, and others. Many are out there, including RPG-Directory. I recommend RPG-D on the basis they usually have sites and people available in their directory who are willing to assist in finding a good role-play for your writing level, and for your status as a non-native English speaker.
PM
#
QUOTE (multiplicity! @ Oct 5 2016, 06:53 PM)
    I wouldn't call them jerks or anything of the sort if they are trying to maintain the experience of the site for their current members. Many individuals use role-playing as a hobby to get away from the stress of real life and want to be comfortable writing with people who are on the same level as them. I know a few people who don't feel like they can contribute to someone learning better English through role-playing, and, frankly, it's not their responsibility to do so.

This is a fair assessment as well and there isn't always an easy way to approach it. I can't imagine having to tell someone that their English is just terrible and they need to improve or leave the site because no matter how it's done it comes across as rude and having a lack of sensitivity. But no one can be expected to hand-hold these users either. :/

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Discussion | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ClosedNew TopicNew Poll