Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Trying to find somewhere to join, Help
#
Yeah I am very sensitive person what they told me made me cry, they were way to harsh what don't know to treat disable people and I am disable born with Spina bifida which why I am currently making my own site on here and on probroads a place for everyone to join not just high educated people but disable or anyone dealing with crisis needing a big escape so they can be themselves.

And trust me, I get how they rather high educated people but they don't see roleplay as I do. I am all about other away around, it's why my dream was to become book writer because I am very good imaginative person full of amazing ideas I would love share with the world one day.

This post has been edited by Princesspumpkinbri: Oct 5 2016, 07:42 PM
#
QUOTE (John @ Oct 5 2016, 04:51 PM)
This is a fair assessment as well and there isn't always an easy way to approach it. I can't imagine having to tell someone that their English is just terrible and they need to improve or leave the site because no matter how it's done it comes across as rude and having a lack of sensitivity. But no one can be expected to hand-hold these users either. :/

I can honestly say I am one of these people. My life is incredibly stressful. I role-play to get away from the stress in my life outside the Internet (and the Internet can also be stressful, especially when people are at one another's throats during the election season). I don't have time to encourage, guide, and teach others how to write better, how to form sentences, and to guide them along the way. I want to hop online, do a few posts, then relax and play a video game. If I have difficulty piecing together what someone says, I shouldn't just post back to them once I have figured it out; it is my responsibility to teach them what is wrong about their post, and how to improve it. Unfortunately, it's also my responsibility to make sure I'm having fun and relaxing, because my mental health is incredibly fragile with several conditions (I guess in this discussion, it would be considered disabling), and yeah.

/longrant[
PM
#
Got to say I'm in the same boat as multiplicity! and without getting too personal I can say that given my health it's the most I can manage to have a site full of members who have similar levels of experience as I do in some aspects. Just to clarify that all people who have these sorts of rules aren't trying to be elitist jerks or anything. That being said I'm sorry that your previous site was so indelicate in handling your situation, and I hope you find the perfect RP home for yourself soon, full of writers who are inspired by all of your awesome ideas and grateful for the opportunity to write alongside you (even if it means creating it for yourself, as many people here have).

That being said, making a forum on Jcink is free, which is the good news! It means just about anyone can at least try their hand at it. Running a site is hard, and getting members is even harder, but if you ever decide to make your own forum you are perfectly welcome from what I can see to let members of all experience levels join, and if you run into issues setting it up there is always someone around here happy to help clarify things within the service when possible. ^^

Anyway! I also recommend the different directories. Some, like Caution, have a place where you can tell people what sort of site you're looking for and then people who think their sites match that will reply to our thread - that can sometimes be helpful when you have a specific request like this one.

signature
#
QUOTE (owl @ Oct 5 2016, 11:28 PM)
Anyway! I also recommend the different directories. Some, like Caution, have a place where you can tell people what sort of site you're looking for and then people who think their sites match that will reply to our thread - that can sometimes be helpful when you have a specific request like this one.

Yes, OP, just keep searching, and if you have to, openly ask. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

There is definitely a forum out there on our network or others that will welcome you. Just have to keep looking.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Discussion | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ClosedNew TopicNew Poll