Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Deleting Posts In Threads
#
So, I was wondering if it would be possible to make it so the post author can delete replies to their threads.

I'd like to make it possible to set permissions in certain areas (say wanted ads) for the post creator to delete replies, without having to ask an Admin/Mod to do it for them.

signature
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

#
    I think right now you can do this with existing permissions and some CSS tricks. At least until there is a permanent solution (if possible). I can take a look if you'd like.
PM
#
QUOTE (multiplicity! @ Dec 20 2017, 05:11 PM)
    I think right now you can do this with existing permissions and some CSS tricks. At least until there is a permanent solution (if possible). I can take a look if you'd like.

That would be awesome. I keep getting asked to clear replies (up to 4 or 5 pages) in plotters and wanted ads. I'd just prefer to give this option to the members in their own threads.

signature
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

#
    As it looks, you can use a combination of jQuery and CSS to allow people to delete their own replies only in certain forums, but they would not be able to delete other peoples' replies in that same thread. It may be that poster's thread, but they can only delete their own replies. Unless you were to create an individual forum for each person and then set them as a moderator of that forum to allow them to delete posts and what not in that forum, it's not possible to do precisely what you want to do. I was hoping it would be and looked into it, but since the individual wouldn't have mod powers, they can't delete other peoples' posts.
PM
#
QUOTE (multiplicity! @ Dec 21 2017, 03:18 PM)
    As it looks, you can use a combination of jQuery and CSS to allow people to delete their own replies only in certain forums, but they would not be able to delete other peoples' replies in that same thread. It may be that poster's thread, but they can only delete their own replies. Unless you were to create an individual forum for each person and then set them as a moderator of that forum to allow them to delete posts and what not in that forum, it's not possible to do precisely what you want to do. I was hoping it would be and looked into it, but since the individual wouldn't have mod powers, they can't delete other peoples' posts.

Damn. Thanks anyway.

signature

#

signature

#
We can definitely consider this. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (John @ Dec 29 2017, 06:57 AM)
We can definitely consider this. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

Excellent.

signature

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll