ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Network Maintenance [completed]
#
We have been notified that the datacenter where our ddos-protected network provider (blacklotus) resides needs to physically move the system from one building to another. This will cause some service interruption.

The maintenance is scheduled for Wednesday March 4th 2015 at 3:00AM EST and can last "up to" 2 hours; but should be shorter than this.

Thanks for your patience, and I'll update this when I have more information.

At this time we are waiting for the exact maintenance window in the AM hours (1am or 3am) Pacific time US and the exact day that we will be moved. This is occuring sometime next week, Monday March 2nd to Friday March 6th.

The maintenance window is up to 2 hours -- though I am told it should be much shorter (the building is pratically next door) but I'll try to minimize it as much as possible.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Unfortunately they needed to move the rack that our system is in quicker, so we have only been given notification as of right now. In an hour from this post, the system will be powered off and migrated.

Really wanted to give more warning about this but they were able to get me the 3:00AM EST window I wanted for this move (low traffic hours) so it is being done right now.

> As per the prior notifications, we will be powering down your server(s) in
> 1 hour.
>
> We expect that they will be powered back up within 2 hours.

As always I will have updates on twitter.

signature
#
Okay, so this is not happening this morning... I apologize for the confusion. Our provider emailed the wrong list:

We incorrectly sent the 1 hour to go reminder to the wrong group.

Your server(s) will be migrated in ~24 hours, not 1 hour.

So, the new maintenance/downtime window will be Wednesday March 4th 2015 at 3:00AM or around there, and I have confirmation of this.

signature
#
The maintenance/move is still, unfortunately, ongoing at this time and taking them longer than expected. I am watching things closely and will restore full service as soon as they have our server online. Your domain name may not be accessible at this time.

signature
#
The migration of our server has been completed and our network has been brought back online. Thanks for all of your patience.

signature
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Announcements | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll