Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Can I put an user into two (or more) groups at the same time ? [SOLVED]
#
I want to put an user into two different groups, example: Admin & Fighter

Is that possible ?

In case it is possible, is there a way to assign the group's color from the second group to the user?

-----------------

Either way, the effect i want to get is:

User: member of Figther's group with fighter's color but with administrator permisson mask

Why?

Well... My custom navigation bar uses group's ID to show (or not) a link. Example:

Register / Log in is shown ONLY to guests but Admin CP / Mod CP is shown ONLY to Admins.

But i don't want to create classes like:

.m-1, .m-2, .m-3, .m-4, .m-5 { display: none; }

Because i have 12 different groups.

I don't know if i can get the user group and color but certain permission mask effect so... I'm triying to assign a single member to two different groups.

NOTE: sorry for my bad english ; w ;
PM
#
No, you can't assign the same member to two different member groups. You could create a regular "Fighter" member group and a second one with a similar title (you can't use "Fighter" again) and give it admin permissions.

Edit: Alternatively, you could have them make an ooc account (I'm assuming this is a roleplay) and assign the ooc account to the admin group.

This post has been edited by &gin in a jigger-: Feb 14 2018, 05:57 PM
PM
#
But can i have two different users with the same group name (also color) but with different permission masks ? Like: the first one is an Admin an the second one an regular member ?
PM
#
QUOTE (xyloshrike @ Feb 14 2018, 09:14 PM)
But can i have two different users with the same group name (also color) but with different permission masks ? Like: the first one is an Admin an the second one an regular member ?

Yes.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Can you tell me how to do that or there is any tutorial for it ?
PM
#
In Admin CP, search for their name. On the edit user page, there will be a mask override option.

signature
#
Thank you very much! I'm done <3
PM
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll