Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Auth Key in Macros
#
Hiiii John!

I'm trying to make my life easier by making a base skin set that uses macros for things like board links, and found a bit of a stumble when making a macro for
CODE
<a href="index.php?act=Login&CODE=03&key=<!-- |auth_key| -->">Log Out</a>

I know this is not really important in the overall scheme of things, but I think it would be really useful if <! -- --> commands could be used inside macros.

Either that, or if you could make a default macro for all forums that contains a link & auth key for logging out/registering, like:

CODE
<{AUTHREG}>
<{AUTHLOGOUT}>

Is it possible? Way harder than it sounds? I'd appreciate hearing back regardless. Thanks!
PM
#
Way harder than it sounds?

Yes, because of the way the system is architectured.

I have an idea though. You could try document.writing the auth key stored as a javascript variable.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
I ... won't even pretend I know what that means, haha. Thank you for the quick response and your suggestion - off to google I go! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif
Wait wait wait, sorry to doublepost - are you saying that the auth key is unique & static to the site? As in, the auth key doesn't change? I thought it was a random string of numbers generated each time someone clicked on one of those links.... if it's the same number per site I could just write that down in the macro?
PM
#
No, auth_key is unique to each user.

<script>var auth_key = '<!-- |auth_key| -->';</script>

In wrappers will let you access the auth key with javascript.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll