Pages: (11) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

"Like" Posts
#
I am "liking" Jcink's idea! I think that would be a pretty cool feature. I would use it for sure.
#
I think this would be good to have. I would definitely use it.

And for the people who don't want this, they can just keep the feature turned off (which I assume there would be a global on/off switch in the ACP, right?)

I was actually considering coding my own forum software to be a cross between a forum and a social networking site. The only two things that would make my forum here fit what I was going to make is the like/dislike feature suggested in this topic and then a status/wall sort of thing.

signature
The Skin Lab
- Where your skin requests come ALIVE!
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
#
Any word on whether this will be a future addition?
#
I don't have any further comments on this one. I'll decide sometime in the future based on more feedback, but it's not coming anytime soon if that is what you're looking for. There are other things I'd rather work on right now, but this is still a really good idea.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
I like the idea, it sounds like it could be fun and encourage participation. smile.gif

signature
user posted image
#
The more I think about this the more I really like this idea especially how Jcink would implement it so it doesn't look all cluttered.

I can't see anyone really being against this if they have the option to disable it in the admin cp.
PM
#
Would comments be able to be made outside of the topic? Like if you voted that you disliked someone would it let that person have the chance to comment about why they disliked the post but the comment not actually show up in the post?
#
That could be done, but wouldn't that just split the thread in two? It's like having a topic with comment branches... meta-ness. The idea is to keep it simple, less clutter, rate up/down.

signature
#
I also like the idea. I always wanted a "thank" feature on my forum. But how Jcink said it it sounds even better.
PM
#
could you make it so we could change it from a like button to say an LOL button ?

signature
#
The images would be customizable.

signature
#
good enough for me

signature
#
The like thing would kind of be similar to rating threads with 1,2,3,4, or 5 stars.
PM
#
Would "like post" be more credited for the post itself or for the poster? (Rep system)

signature
user posted image
#
I believe the post.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (11) 1 2 3 4 ... Last » Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll