Pages: (11) « First ... 9 10 11  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

 "Like" Posts
#
John, I think I get your point now. You mean they are other sub-plugins needed to make the Like/dislike plugin work effectively, and that's what is being worked on now?

This post has been edited by RichLord: Mar 6 2016, 03:24 PM

signature
I need ideas to making a better forum .. Chatinent Relationship Advice Forums ---> an advice forum for your every questions.
#
Well, I was just showing how the alert system will tie into the like system, and that is a very recent addition. I do think that having the alert system established and prepared to hook into the like system was a good idea. This way a user will get a notification when a post is 'Liked.' The ground work for that is already implemented in the like system. I won't pretend like that's a whole lot of work done, either, though.

All I can say is that the like system is on the road map... as with all features we cannot give an ETA, unfortunately.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
I understand the ETA stuff. From my scrutiny, I think I can have hope... many people have requested this on my site. Though, the ALERT SYSTEM made them cool down a little .., but I think the Like/Dislike System should be superior to other plugins apart from the ALERT system. Even if an admin doesn't need it, he can always turn it off.
But I bet, 97% of admins need this feature, the remaining 3% percent can use the "turnOFF" select box, (when created).
I know I'd have gotten about "300+ likes" for this post. However, I'd award myself.
John.
¤
300 likes

signature
I need ideas to making a better forum .. Chatinent Relationship Advice Forums ---> an advice forum for your every questions.
#
Everyone's forum and their members have entirely different needs, so the %s you keep posting are totally subjective.

Of course the system will be optional.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
May I know what is the next feature that is going to being developed or already in development?

signature
Developing Reactions
#
QUOTE (VoidPC @ Mar 6 2016, 10:32 PM)
May I know what is the next feature that is going to being developed or already in development?


We'll have a new dev topic up soon, that's all I can say for now. Hint: It's forum template related. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Haha. Kinda guessed that already. (Y)

signature
Developing Reactions
#
John you have done amazing work. You moved a lot of people from invisionfree over to your forum software, so kudos to you http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

signature
RP Genres I love: Historical Fiction, Arranged Marriage, Mutants (Xmen), Vampires, Anime (message for specific); Jcink/IF preference; your site fit this? Hit me up with a PM user posted image
Jcink Facebook Support Group

YA Book Feedback Wanted!
Survey, 100% Anonymous (Google Docs) Sexual Orientation!
*New*My Tumblr!</span>
Help me grow my pokemon user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
#
The closest thing we have right now is the reputation system, so people will just have to settle for that until it's implemented

signature
RP Genres I love: Historical Fiction, Arranged Marriage, Mutants (Xmen), Vampires, Anime (message for specific); Jcink/IF preference; your site fit this? Hit me up with a PM user posted image
Jcink Facebook Support Group

YA Book Feedback Wanted!
Survey, 100% Anonymous (Google Docs) Sexual Orientation!
*New*My Tumblr!</span>
Help me grow my pokemon user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
PM
#
I am putting in yet another formal request for the Like and Dislike system while I'm here tonight. The Reputation system is not the same as likes and dislikes. Even Proboards has both now, although the "Dislike" feature is a mod.

I dunno how hard it is to write actual scripts or get this going, we know you're hella busy John, but I can assure you, the people want Likes and Dislikes badly.

signature
user posted image

Real time Survivor, Big Brother and many other reality show Role Playing and Strategy Games. PM me for more info!
PM
#
I'm aware. Unfortunately my time for development is limited. This will eventually be added for sure when more time is available to me in the future. Regardless I want to stress that we know this feature is wanted, definitely.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Just going to say, I've often found myself wanting to 'like' a lot of your posts, John, just to show my appreciation for the amount of time and work you've put into jcink, and your amazingly fast responses!! Looking forward to this feature! Thanks!
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (11) « First ... 9 10 11  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll