Pages: (11) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

"Like" Posts
#
I'm not sure if this would work quite as well as an integrated "Like" system... but:
Facebook Style like system (Made out of Javascript.) But it is an option for now for those who do want it. ( Unless Jcink decides that having this feature would be worthwhile. )

Personally, for most boards I'm an admin on, it'd probably remain turned off. And even if it were on, I wouldn't use it. (I'm not a fan of this whole facebook "like" stuff. I don't even have a facebook account and I'm not getting one.)

signature
user posted image
#
The like system for posts if we were to do it would have absolutely nothing to do with Facebook's, it'd all be internal and part of the board. Just saying.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
This would be a cool feature to have. A simple Thumbs up or down would be the best implementation. What about the styling though. Where would the thumbs be placed?

signature
user posted image

Shift UI Development Thread
"Design is not just what it looks like. Design is how it works." - Steve Jobs
#
Jcink already posted an image in this topic of what it would look like were he to implement it. Should be the sixth post in this topic.

signature
The Skin Lab
- Where your skin requests come ALIVE!
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
#
Jcink already posted an image in this topic of what it would look like were he to implement it. Should be the sixth post in this topic.

I know, but it could be implemented with a div or some other thing to make it look nicer on skins. By having it as standalone text it could look ugly.

signature
user posted image

#
I think he said something about macros...

signature
#
QUOTE Cacographer,Nov 8 2010, 05:13 PMI think he said something about macros...
Not the images. Just the thing in general.

signature
user posted image

#
I would prefer being able to change my images, rather then do something with coding.
#
Jcink, have you made the decision to put this on the "to do" list or are you still waiting for more feedback? I sooo want this feature for my forum.
PM
#
at this point the "to do" list plate for me is so full....

however, this will probably become a feature in time. http://support.b1.jcink.com/html/store/icons/support/icon_smile.gif

signature
#
Thank God. This is seriously like the only feature that I have left on my wish list.
#
I know I'm a little late, but what about something like this?

user posted image

The ratings on the post are a bit different then the ones you can now use, take for example "Bad Reading", thats no longer an option, while "Zing!" (thunderbolt) is.

This post has been edited by Zephilinox: Jan 4 2011, 06:23 AM
#
I am actually for this feature mainly because my board is based around a YouTube channel and other YouTube videos. They have that system too. And not Facebook style. It also has Facebook videos as well.

This post has been edited by The Mess: Jan 4 2011, 06:46 AM

signature
user posted image
Join the IAB Official Forums!

Save the forum, save the world!
#
QUOTE (Zephilinox @ Jan 4 2011, 06:23 AM)
I know I'm a little late, but what about something like this?

user posted image

The ratings on the post are a bit different then the ones you can now use, take for example "Bad Reading", thats no longer an option, while "Zing!" (thunderbolt) is.

I think you got that from facepunch forums, didn't you?

Anyway, that's not a bad idea in itself, but it complicates everything. It is better for general use to just have a simple like/dislike. I can see the system laid out there only being useful on a few communities. Most people don't need to have a ton of categories to determine HOW a post was liked/not liked.

I'm not completely against it, but it won't be part of this if I get it done, though thanks for the suggestion. It's another adventure on its own to add that and all that goes with it.

signature
#
Yeah, I did get it from FP.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (11) 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last » Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll