Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Shop Improvements/Features?, a compilation of ideas
#
I've been using the IBStore for a while now, and I love it!! But I do have a few ideas for it that would make things much muuuch easier <3 If any of these are possible, it would be spectacular!

1. Mass-Give/Multi-Give
My forum does a Halloween event every year where certain activity by members earns them a special item/items used as event currency. However, we have to give them out one by one by one... and when a member earns 20+, this can take hours with slow internet that doesn't want to cooperate with the shop! If there was any way to add in a value on how many you want to send, that would be spectacular http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

2. Input Value Instead of Individual Check Boxes
When you go to remove items from a member's inventory, sometimes they can have, say, 50 of one item and you need to remove 28. Right now, you need to select (and count out) 28 different check boxes. Could there be a way to streamline this and make things a bit easier?

3. Newbie Gift/Birthday Gifts
A completely automated system! A newbie gift with an item or two that's sent to users upon validation, and a birthday item that's sent to members upon their birthday being reached!

4. Shopkeepers
This one is entirely an optional, visual thing - but perhaps an option for different shops to have an image and little quote thing about a shopkeeper of some kind? I'd love to be able to have a shopkeeper image to show up at the top of our various shops, because the way we have it set up, each one is technically guarded by an NPC - and I've had several members ask me if it's possible to add images for them, haha!

5. Inventory Miniprofile Viewing
Another optional, visual thing! Allow inventory items to be viewable on either/both mini-profile and player profile areas. Excellent for r/p forums who wish to show a member's purchased items! Perhaps also an option to either 'show all' or have 'featured' items.
- suggested by Magtox

This post has been edited by Verridith: Nov 19 2017, 05:14 PM

signature
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
#
We'll definitely consider these as future features for the store/shop when it is revamped/rewritten in the future. Thank you.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
These are all great ideas for people who would use the shop feature.

+1

signature
user posted image user posted image user posted image
#
Definitely behind this one.
PM
#
Great ideas! Love the mass option and the automated system for like birthdays and such.
PM
#
All great ideas! I would also like to see a feature added where a user's shop inventory can be displayed on the mini-profile or in the player profiles.

Newpoints for Mybb is capable of this and it's very handy, especially for magic-geared rpg's who want to display purchased items.
PM
#
QUOTE (Magtox @ Nov 9 2017, 06:43 PM)
All great ideas! I would also like to see a feature added where a user's shop inventory can be displayed on the mini-profile or in the player profiles.

Newpoints for Mybb is capable of this and it's very handy, especially for magic-geared rpg's who want to display purchased items.

I didn't think of this and love the idea! I'll add this to the first post http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

signature
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll