Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Communicate Profile Alteration, not sure how to title
#
Basically, since AIM is now gone(or about to be? I forget the exact date it was going the way of the Dodo but. . .) I was wondering if it'd be possible to get rid of AIM name under Communicate. Perhaps even add in slots for Discord and/or Slack names as people are fond of using them more these days than messengers like GTalk, etc. It just seems to make more sense to remove the dead messenger option and add in two people use more these days.
PM
#
This has been raised, and all of the messengers are going to be removed, see here:

https://forum.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=28540

We will be leaving the communication options up to custom fields this coming year. We'll make a formal announcement about it next month with the death of AIM.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Oh, that's awesome to hear! I love that it's gonna just be a custom field thing to add eventually. Sorry I missed the thread, but thanks for the quick answer. =D
PM
#
I think I should clarify: we are not doing anything except removing the messengers entirely.

Custom Profile Fields are already sufficient enough to handle the needs of messenger data. There is no sense in trying to force messengers on a board when the CPF system is so flexible. With the coming of the HTML templates which allow inline access to CPFs it makes even less sense for us to try to manage whatever messenger is hot and trendy anymore in a pre-determined field.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feature Requests | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll