Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Some Bugs
#
1. Removal of shoutbox requires turning on the modification enabler and then turning off the shoutbox. (simply having the feature disabled does not turn off the shoutbox and remove the link).

2. If the modification enabler is turned off, the sidebar in the admin cp still has the modification menus.

3.Bookie and download system still show in the menu and the links lead nowhere. They just open up the same frame again.

Shall update when I find more.

Update - on Mod CP the tables have an extra TR at the start which is empty. It's causing them to be out of shape due to colspan issues.

This post has been edited by Junkbot: Jun 6 2018, 12:40 PM
PM
#
1 & 2 aren't bugs just admittedly poor usability design. The mod enabler does not interact with any of the functions on the board itself, it only controls the menu access in the Admin CP. That's intended, unfortunately. We're eventually going to get rid of the "mod enabler" as most of the features wtihin it have been phased out, so that whole little system isn't necessary anymore. i'll replace it with something more clear that it's managing the menu itself.

3. is the same if im understanding the report correctly. the "enabler", if disabled, just turns on all of the functions in the admin panel without need to enable access.

It is odd that you are seeing tthe bookie system system. That's been gone for a while -- that needs to be fixed! How are you getting it to appear?

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
I understand what you mean regarding 1 and 2. I look forward to the changes http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

I'm not getting the bookie itself to show, but the menu is still displayed in the sidebar with a link saying feature disabled. Same for the download system. And the deprecated lottery system still has pages which display.
PM
#
QUOTE (John @ Jun 6 2018, 10:05 AM)
We're eventually going to get rid of the "mod enabler" as most of the features wtihin it have been phased out, so that whole little system isn't necessary anymore. i'll replace it with something more clear that it's managing the menu itself.

Wait a minute what? An RP I am working on intends to make use of the shop. Don't tell me you're getting rid of ALL those great mods? The media gallery? I'd like to keep that for RP character image galleries. Don't do this! Please don't REMOVE features!
PM
#
Nah, the shop is not going anywhere. That’s the most popular “mod.”

The mod enabler section was much larger a couple of years ago. We removed a lot of “mods” that weren’t being used or didn’t function well. So now it’s much smaller and condensed, the lottery is the last deprecated feature I believe that will be removed from there. The Arcade will eventually be pulled... flash is dying in 2020. The ones remaining can be managed better is all.

Ideally I don’t want to have a “mod enabler” at all — flip an on/off switch in the feature itself and it just installs it. That’s how I’ve been releasing features for a while (you don’t need to enable “alerts” or “html templates” via a mod enabler for example — they just exist.)

Features are removed from time to time if we find that little to no boards are using them or if they outlive their useful life.

signature
#
Oh! Okay, that is quite a relief, thank you.
PM
#
We also notify about any major feature cleanup as well;

https://forum.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=26954

signature
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Bug Reports | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll