Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

skins
#
I know there's the official resource board for Jcink, but I'm wondering where did the old skins that were posted on the site go? Things like "Zephyr 2.1", "Subtle", "Icink", etc? I can't find those skins on the resource board.

signature
RP Genres I love: Historical Fiction, Arranged Marriage, Mutants (Xmen), Vampires, Anime (message for specific); Jcink/IF preferance; your site fit this? Hit me up with a PM user posted image
Survey, 100% Anonymous (Google Docs) Sexual Orientation!
Jcink Support Facebook Group!
*Updated*My Tumblr!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
Help me grow my pokemon user posted image
user posted image
[user posted image
PM
#
The skin files / resources for those skins were deleted by the creator, so they no longer exist.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
All of those skins you mention were made by me. I removed the resources for these skins due to my unwillingness to support the changes that were made when the RP resource site was initially created.

Also, all of those skins are out of date. I have a few updates to those skins out there but not many and I don't support these skins publicly anymore.

signature
user posted image
#
I doubt some of those skins would even work anymore even if all of the pieces were still available -- weren't they using javascript in some cases to morph the forum template(s)? The DOM has changed and it could have broken them.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (John @ Sep 13 2016, 03:10 PM)
I doubt some of those skins would even work anymore even if all of the pieces were still available -- weren't they using javascript in some cases to morph the forum template(s)? The DOM has changed and it could have broken them.

They don't work and yeah they did morph the templates. Those were based on Shift 1. Gun updated that in Shift 2 so they morphed the forum template via jQuery. Those ancient ones would need to be re-done. I have kept up some of them on my Mafia site and released some on Gun's Shift 2.0 site but I wouldn't even trust those now. Once you finish the post templates and merge the templates with the full .xml files and I figure out how to not have to use the default avatar code from Shift, I will take the skins I have been updating for MafiaManiac and de-personalize them for release either on a new site if enough people want that. If not I'll just wait until 2017 when Gunblaza finishes his new design template

This post has been edited by GMaster479: Sep 13 2016, 03:26 PM

signature
user posted image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Discussion | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll