Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Toggle Sidebar Won't Toggle In
#
Trying to get it to a state where it will toggle back in, and toggle out, but once you do, the toggle-bar stays out while the content fades in and out. Haven't been able to figure it out. Trying to get it beneath the top part of the site as well without cutting off the rest of the sidebar, but with no success. Help would be appreciated as always!

Link to Site Here
#
QUOTE (Sunbear @ May 16 2018, 06:36 PM)
Trying to get it to a state where it will toggle back in, and toggle out, but once you do, the toggle-bar stays out while the content fades in and out. Haven't been able to figure it out.

So you want the sidebar to show, and then when it's toggled instead of the sidebar hiding, you want the content of the sidebar to hide? Am I understanding that right?

Trying to get it beneath the top part of the site as well without cutting off the rest of the sidebar, but with no success. Help would be appreciated as always!

Link to Site Here

You want the userlinks part to be on top of the sidebar, but for none of the sidebar's content to be hidden, correct? Sorry, I'm just having a hard time parsing this and I don't want to answer a question that doesn't exist. xD

signature
user posted image

kindly do not use my site Discord / DM / PM me for support.
#
So you want the sidebar to show, and then when it's toggled instead of the sidebar hiding, you want the content of the sidebar to hide? Am I understanding that right?

Sorry for not being more clear, I do apologize, but thank you for responding!

I want the sidebar to hide, but when its clicked, to show, and then to hide again when the "toggle sidebar" bar is clicked again.

You want the userlinks part to be on top of the sidebar, but for none of the sidebar's content to be hidden, correct? Sorry, I'm just having a hard time parsing this and I don't want to answer a question that doesn't exist. xD

I wasn't being clear, so you have nothing to be sorry for, I just really appreciate you trying to. XD Okay the bit at the top of the page, that's hidden behind the cbox|info|links/sidebar? I'd like the sidebar to rest just beneath that, but when I fiddle with the z-index, it hides the cbox|info|links section behind the bar (I can't think of what that's called at the moment, I apologize dies) at the top of the page). I would like it to not do that.

Am I doing better to clarify things?
#
Yes, I think so - thank you for taking the time to explain. :3

Find this:

#leftNavTog {
position: absolute;
width: 25px;
height: 100%;
right: 0px;
cursor: pointer;
background-color: #2F84A9;
}

Replace with this:

#leftNavTog {
width: 25px;
left: 0px;
cursor: pointer;
background-color: #2F84A9;
}

And this:

#leftNavContent {
right: 24px;
width: 230px;
overflow: auto;
text-align: center;
color: #000;
background-color: #f9f9f9; }

With this:

#leftNavContent {
left: 24px;
width: 230px;
overflow: auto;
text-align: center;
color: #000;
background-color: #f9f9f9;
padding-top: 48px; }

Then find this:

#sogtop { position: fixed; left: 0px; top: 0px; padding: 5px; width: 100%; height: 35px; background: #000000; z-index: 50; font-family: open sans, sans-serif; color: #f8f8f8; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: left; }

And replace it with this:

#sogtop { position: fixed; left: 0px; top: 0px; padding: 5px; width: 100%; height: 35px; background: #000000; z-index: 10000; font-family: open sans, sans-serif; color: #f8f8f8; text-transform: uppercase; text-align: left; }

And let me know if that helps, or if I misunderstood, or what.

signature
user posted image

#
That's EXACTLY what I've been trying to do (the bar is in a different position but it still does what I want and looks fantastic <3)! Thank you so very much owl! You're a lifesaver!
#
Yeah, I've never seen that particular code work without having to move the bar - no clue why, but I'm happy to have helped. Good luck with your forum. ^^

signature
user posted image

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll