Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Post count help
#
Hi! Our Jcink forum hasn't had any problems with post counting at all before. I've resynced the forums etc and all the posting options are set up to count member posts.

However the site is just not counting any posts that are made? It's not increasing the members' post count at all all of a sudden? Please could someone help?

Thank you!
After a bit more digging it's when a user posts from a sub account?
PM
#
What do you mean by "posting from a sub account?"

If a user is logged into a parent account or sub accounts, and "posts as" then the postcount of the parent will *not* increase and this is by design. It will apply that increase to the subaccount. IF, and only if post counts are set to increase on the individual per-forum settings.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
The parent account is not the issue - it's not increasing the sub account's post count when the sub account is selected as the author.

This post has been edited by VOXXY: Oct 25 2016, 05:21 PM
PM
#
So you are saying that in the same exact forum, where postcount permissions are set to 'yes' for counting them, a regular member account can post without issue and get posts for it. but a sub-account post does not.

what happens if the sub-account is actually logged into and posted with? do the posts still increase? i'm talking about actually logging in and posting -- not using the sub account author dropdown. please test this and let me know.

signature
#
Yes - that is what I am saying.

If the sub account is logged in, the posts counts. However if you select them from a parent account on the drop down menu as the author, they do not.
PM
#
please create a test account, and a test subaccount, bind it. and then provide the details to those accounts to me via PM.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Bug Reports | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll