ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

tag breaks custom bbcode [Invalid]
#
I use a lot of custom BBcode templates on my site, and recently I started using the tagging system so everyone would always be aware when threads they were participants in were getting a reply, even if they forgot to track the thread. For some reason, however, including a tag inside of BBcode breaks the code.

This doesn't happen if you put @[USER NAME] inside the BBcode, but the way I set it up was so that the "@[" and "]" were already provided and all the poster is required to do is add the username.

So rather than this: [tag]@[USER NAME][/tag]

You have this: [tag]USER NAME[/tag]

Not sure what behavior causes this, if it's technically a bug, or if it's fixable, but I figured I'd bring it to your attention.
PM
#
Using the @ tag in the custom BBCode is not supported / it just "won't work."

Because the @ tag being part of the bbcode itself fundamentally changes the entire BBCode itself. The system will try to match for @[(PARAM)] -- literally] when it attempts to reconstruct the post into bbcode in the editor. And it won't find it -- because @[] aren't going to be anywhere in the actual BBCode's HTML.

It works if you use it between any bbcode because it's taking the HTML provided and matching the content inside of it -- that's ok, and that content can be virtually anything!

But you can't have BBCode HTML with dynamic content is the point I'm trying to make. Sorry for the inconvenience here but I hope this explanation made sense.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Weirdly enough, it does actually tag the person, but if you attempt to edit the post, the BBcode is converted to HTML, like what happens when you make a change to the custom BBcode and you try to edit an older post using the previous version.

But yeah, looking at the way it's inserted I can see what you mean.

This post has been edited by kstark: Dec 20 2016, 09:00 PM
PM
#
Yes -- it will create a tag, but the BBcode won't be unconverted correctly during edit.

signature
#
It has been determined that this is not a bug.

This post is being marked off as not bug/invalid.

Thank you for reporting suspected bugs to us. If you feel the issue is not resolved, please post a new topic.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Bug Reports | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll