Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

The <% TITLE %> key [SOLVED]
#
For aesthetic purposes and due to the way I'm designing my board, I want to be able to display in the board the current page the user is viewing. I thought I should make use of the <% TITLE %> key for this. But I don't want it to display " BOARD NAME -> " an instead I just want it to display "CURRENT PAGE" I could try just removing the board name from the system settings but that leaves me with "->"

I tried javascript to remove both of them but it didn't seem to work. Any macros or something I can use to fix this or procure the same effect?
#
Place this directly after the <title><% TITLE %></title> tag. Adjust accordingly:

CODE
<script>
var title = document.title;
var title_stripped = title.replace("Board name ->", "");
document.title =  title_stripped;
</script>

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
str.replace should have been title.replace but yep, it works now, thanks!

I should really pay attention to javascript more
#
Sorry, I'm quite ill right now and wrote that when I had a fever. In fact it's very stupid the way I did all of those variable reassignments, but it works.

I updated it so I'll mark this as solved.

signature
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll