Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Question about Premium
#
I own a Maestro Card. However, I just checked and on the billing information page, it isn't listed. Does that mean I'll have to get one of the listed bank cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express or Discover) or will an option for purchasing Premium with a Maestro Card be enabled in the future?
#
    I would love to know the answer to this as well. I've got the same type of card that mnikolic has and don't have access to others.
#
I had never heard of Maestro Cards so I had to do some research.

PayPal doesn't accept Maestro Card for all regions, which is the problem you are seeing here. It's definitely not in the US region for example, so if you have a US Paypal, you won't see it there.

If you're trying to create a new Paypal account and you select your region, but don't see the card as accepted during sign up then you will be unable to use it.

I read that one trick is to sign up claiming you're from Poland since supposedly they accept Maestro Cards on Polish accounts, get the card accepted, then it's usable. But obviously I can't advise this, and it seems like a hit or miss based on what I read.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Guess that leaves me with three choices then:

1. When I'll be able to afford Premium, I'll just have to find someone trustworthy who does have a card that PayPal accepts (a really good friend or another family member, perhaps?), send the needed amount of money to their account and then use their card to buy Premium with my money (i.e. the money I had added to their bank account);

OR

2. Simply get a bank card which PayPal accepts;

OR

3. Transfer the ownership of the board to someone I can trust, get them to buy Premium, but keep us both co-running the board, with that person having to renew the premium subscription each month/year.

It sucks PayPal doesn't accept Maestro. And since I don't like my account to be associated with the wrong region, I guess I'm 100 % stuck with the second option. The first and the third one might or may prove to be too risky, since I really like running everything for myself.

Thanks for the info anyway, it's been very helpful, as always. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by mnikolic: Jul 30 2014, 02:14 PM
#
The problem really seems to be related to Maestro Card itself the more I research, and not PayPal. They don't seem to be accepted much of anywhere online.

Maestro Card, in most regions, requires a pin for the transaction to be completed. So they wouldn't be able to process the transaction.

Do you have moneygram or anything like that? If you can pay yearly using something like moneygram I think I can work that out for you, but I don't know if a payment service like them is supported, need to do some more research...

signature
#
I'll have to look if my bank offers moneygram as a paying option. I'll get back to you tomorrow on this.
#
You can also connect your bank account to Paypal and write an e-check. I was having some problems with Paypal and went that route so I know the system can handle paying for it that way.

You can also make an account and have someone 'send money to friends and family' to that account. So if someone doesn't trust you with unlimited access to their card you could give them cash and have them send it to your paypal account via these means. Obviously, you'd still have to trust this person a lot but it's a slightly cleaner version of the methods you listed above.

signature
#
Moneygram isn't something you'd ask your bank about, it's a way to send/receive money using a bank account.

The way it works is that you transfer money from a bank account into MoneyGram and the person you're sending the cash to gets a code. Then they can go to a store that allows them to redeem the money.

https://www.moneygram.com

I could pick up your yearly payment at a store here in cash, but I don't know if there are extra fees for an international bank transfer...

It would have to be a yearly sub for this to be worth it because I don't even think you can send $9 through it and I personally don't want to have to pick it up all the time.

It may just be easier to look into getting a visa or mastercard for yourself, though. I'm not sure what your credit situation is like though, so I can totally understand where you might not be able to get one. It could be hell, so I don't know.

I wasn't able to get a credit card due to having no credit history a number of years ago. Despite having regular income that I could prove, and no debt as well as a new car paid off in terms of assets. They still told me I couldn't have a card. I ended up having to get a highly restricted credit card by allowing the bank to hold $500 of my money as collateral, with a credit line on it of only $500. Plus a $40 fee. Got stuck with this for a year before they allowed me to have a better card.

signature
#
I think I'll just have to get a Visa or a MasterCard. It's the easiest way and most probably the safest. Not to mention it's not complicated at all. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the advice. When I'll be financially able to afford Premium, I'll consider taking a card that Paypal accepts. Plus it'll be less trouble for everyone anyway.
#
Alright. Sorry that you had this trouble. It's possible I may take other payment methods in the future (I did set up the system this way - I want to take Amazon Payments in the future) but for now Paypal it is.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll