Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Site loading issue
#
http://strangeaeons.jcink.net/

That's the site in question. What happens is that when it's loading a page, it just lags out sometimes, and I have to stop loading the page entirely and refresh to fix it. It doesn't happen on any other jcink site that I can see, and I think the problem is limited to chrome for some reason. I haven't been able to replicate the issue on IE or firefox.

If you click around enough on chrome, I'm sure you'll run into it, but so far, I haven't been able to find the cause other than maybe too many scripts.
PM
#
I'm on a Mac and in FF, it seems to be working just fine. Try updating your bowser to the latest version, that can be a problem sometimes. Also, make sure that your OS has the latest updates installed and that something on your PC/Mac isn't preventing the site from loading correctly.

EDIT: Just installed Chrome and it loads http://strangeaeons.jcink.net/ just fine for me.

This post has been edited by mnikolic: Aug 2 2015, 06:28 AM
#
Ok, maybe it's not happening all the time, but I have a few other people telling me the site is being slow for them. You have to just click around and eventually, one page just won't load. It happens to me every 5-6 clicks across the site, and it's not consistent about which pages. Sometimes it's a profile, sometimes it's the main page.

It's just really irritating.

Again, this is only happening in chrome for me.

This post has been edited by nightley: Aug 2 2015, 09:45 AM
PM
#
When I clicked around, I think I got it, it was 'waitinf for' "elegantexpressions.us" which is an embedded script. That's the custom forum structure stuff. Maybe try downloading that file and rehosting it; they might be having issues.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
I was really hopeful, but it's still happening :c
PM
#
I don't really know what the issue is, sorry, it's difficult for me to even produce. I thought maybe since that was waiting, it could have been it. If it's only happening in Chrome it's even stranger.

But funny enough I can't get it to happen to me at all, so I'm at loss now.

signature
#
Yeah, my internet is really poor and I use Chrome and I've yet to have this issue. Is it possible to rehost the files from http://yourjavascript.com? Free hosts like that have been known to lag, and you can put stuff like that in your file manager.

signature
user posted image
#
I tried doing that as well. I just have no idea what it could be. I have the same skin applied to a test site, and it functions normally, but strange aeons has been lagging for multiple people when other jcink sites are perfectly smooth.
PM
#
Well the lag you're experiencing is extremely intermittent right? So even though it may function okay when you check on a test site. The server is very healthy and doing well, so this could also be a network problem that only affects certain users. I'd have to do some debugging and check with BlackLotus to see if there's anything going on. But if this was widespread I'd be hearing a lot of it right now. I do apologize for the trouble you're having but I can't really advise at the moment since we haven't been able to pinpoint the issue.

For now I'd still go ahead and rehost anything you possibly can and clean up the wrappers. We need to rule out external scripts lagging.

signature
#
nightley I wanted to provide an update on this. I do believe there is some kind of intermittent problem, entirely network related, but I can't confirm it. But it's not affecting everyone, and some domains are completely unaffected, which would explain the low report count. I am going to figure it out, but it could take a few days since I haven't seen anything like this before and it's hard to reproduce.

signature
#
Just wanted to chime in and say I'm having the same issue that's been reported above, but on my own forum: http://crossroadsrp.b1.jcink.com/index.php?act=idx

Currently the problem only happens in 64bit Chrome, which was problem-free until a few days ago. The browser has not made any updates, nor has my PC. I can access the forum just fine on IE without the lag, but since IE causes a lot of the forum scripts to malfunction, it's not a very good replacement. I have not tried any other browsers. Other users have reported lag from their mobile devices.

For me the lag is consistent rather than intermittent. I have to hit refresh several times to get a page to fully load, and sometimes it leaves out images -- even ones as small as >90kb.

Additional info:

Windows 7 64-bit
Chrome Version 45.0.2454.15 beta-m (64-bit)

signature
user posted image user posted image
PM
#
Well, what I'll do tonight is re-route traffic to a different IP and see if that resolves the issue for people. If it does, I know what the problem is.

The only reason I know about it now is because I'm getting the issue on the resource forum pretty consistently. And that's in firefox, so it's not OS or browser dependent.

signature
#
nightley and ireadyermind, are you still having issues this afternoon?

signature
#
Nope! The issues seem to be resolved for me. I just spent a few minutes clicking through to various threads, PM inbox, and back to the main page and everything seems to be loading as it should.

signature
user posted image user posted image
PM
#
Yeah, I changed the IP for all the *.jcink.net and *.jcink.com domains to a direct route, so I figured that would work.

It seems there's an intermittent problem with routing, but they're telling me "no everything is fine." I will continue to investigate.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll