Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Pinned Announcements
#
So, um. I may have found a bug that I've probably known existed for forever but it just started to bother me... so here I am!

I notice that at the top of every forum, there's a section that says 'Announcements'. You can also pin threads as Announcements, which is pretty nifty. Regular pinned threads go under Important Topics, so it would make sense that Announcements would go under Announcements, right?

Well...
user posted image
The pinned as announcement/pinned normally pops up before everything, which is cool, I like that. Except, what's going on everywhere else? Two Forum Topics? Two Important Topics? I am confused D;

On all of the forums, the pinned announcements don't actually fall under the Announcements section? And on forums where there's no pinned topics, they decide to filter right in with everybody else in a second Forum Topics section, and then go incognito without the division if you go to a second page.

Is there a setting that I'm missing, or is my forum derping? Would like some help on sorting this out - thank you so much <3

signature
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
#
That's really messed up looking, I'm honestly not sure how that happened. By chance is "Important" ALSO a pinned topic?

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
It is. It was pinned normally when I pinned it as an announcement.

signature
user posted image
#
Oh dang... that's probably the issue, though it shouldn't be letting people do that anyway. Can you try unpinning it as an announcement, then unpinning it, then re-pinning it only as an announcement and see if that changes things?

signature
#
Oh that fixed it! :'D Thank you!

If there's any way to make an 'important announcements' section for pinned + pinned announcements, though, that would be amazing. But I totally get if it's a lot of work (regular coding is icky, I can only imagine trying to code a forum! xD).

signature
user posted image
#
What I will do is just have it auto remove the pinned status if someone is pinning something as an announcement, so this issue will go away. I hear what you're saying but I think the sub-announcement hierarchy is just too complex. Thanks for letting me know about this.

signature
#
No problem! Thank you for helping me figure it out (:

signature
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Bug Reports | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll