Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

[C] new message alert?, jcink.
#
this is really dumb but how do i make the little envelope (in the topbar) change colors when there's a new message?

This post has been edited by coop: Feb 25 2016, 04:15 AM
PM
#
I don't see the envelope as a guest, but is the envelope your PM system or is that an alert indicator? Because you can enable alerts for PMs if you need it.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
yeah, i realized that after i posted this.
it's just a little icon (with the blue background) on the top bar. i was hoping it'd be an indicator? i'm using the <!-- |new_msg| --> variable but lol it's in the tooltips so it's completely useless atm.

i was looking at this but i have no idea how to use that.

This post has been edited by coop: Feb 17 2016, 09:25 PM
PM
#
still curious about this one.
PM
#
The way I do it on my sites is to use a javascript conditional based on the value of the <!--|new_msg|-->, and add a class to the icon to edit the style.

Add something like this to your stylesheet:
CODE

.tbmail.new {
background: deeppink; //or whatever color for new messages
}

in your wrappers in a script tag and in a $(document).ready(); (ignore the ones here):
CODE
<script>
$(document).ready(function(){

var newMsg = parseInt("<!-- |new_msg| -->") != NaN ? parseInt("<!-- |new_msg| -->") : 0;

if (newMsg > 0){
   $(".tbmail").addClass("new");
} else {
   $(".tbmail").removeClass("new");
}

});
</script>

This post has been edited by disco before the breakdown: Feb 23 2016, 08:54 PM
PM
#
god, that's so great. thanks disco!
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll