1. Site "Claims" - This is probably going to be a RP site thing more than anything, but I think this sort of feature would continue to make Jcink stand out in the minds of RPers.
Essentially, we make "claims" to list certain things already being used on sites. The most popular of which are "face claims" which identify the person and / or art being used to portray a character. Other types of claims are lists of characters a person is playing, list of jobs already taken by characters, lists of characters in a group etc. Here's an example of how I use them
. I see RPers angst about maintaining claims so, so much.
I think the best way to do this would be to let us use custom field outputs in webpages, or let staff use them in certain threads. It would also be helpful if we could check somewhere the last time a field was update / or have access to backlogs, just in the case where someone tries to claim a claim that's already been claimed. ...if that makes any sense. xD
2. Posting Forms - I think this would appeal mostly to RP sites, but might also be used elsewhere. I think these have been brought up before, but essentially it would be the ability to add new sections to posts other than topic title / description. I think it would work best if it could be set per forum (or even better, per topic, though I'm not sure how that could work - maybe have the option to use sections set for that forum or not can be set by the topic starter) and if we could have control over whether or not each section was optional. An example of what I'm talking about that could be used in a RP or otherwise would be a place where you could input when you were expect back in a MIA thread. If this could be tied into future posting templates that would be rad, but I'm not sure how realistic that is.
3. Awards - I think this would be just as popular on RP sites as elsewhere. Post over x amount of posts? Have an award. Been registered for x amount of time? Have an award. Post in a specific event? Here's your award. This would be even better if it could be altered per membergroup, but even if it wasn't it would be really handy.
4. The ability for staff members to queue updates would be so, so, so helpful. I'll keep it brief because I know you considered this before, but I think it would be well received.
5. Usergroup inactivity - probably helpful for forums of all types. Basically, it would be awesome if I could make it so that if a certain usergroup hasn't logged in for x amount of days they get moved to an archived usergroup. Even better if there was some way for the archived usergroup to be able to move themselves back out, as per the admin's settings. This would be even better if it could interact with suggestion #1 - like if there was a class around each field dependent on the usergroup of the person who it belongs to, so we can hide claims that belong to archived members or something.
Sorry for the volume of suggestions, hopefully it's some helpful fodder. This post has been edited by owl: Jun 13 2016, 04:53 PM