Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Advertisement Design?
#
Hello all! I was wondering, is there a way to put a border around the ads, or put them in some sort of container of some kind - something to make them look nicer on a skin. Not change their placement or remove them or anything, just integrate them into the skin a bit better than what they are. (:

signature
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
"you do know I have the worst memory in the high desert right"
"that's a lie, you just fill your memory with all things BTACD related"
#
You mean the advertisements people place on your site, or the ones you place on other sites?

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
I mean the ads that Jcink puts on your site, at the top of your forum index and the top/bottom of your threads~

signature
user posted image
#
Oh, I see! The only way I've been able to do that in the past is wrapping a div around the board header and positioning everything else in the header outside of that div, which is sort of unnecessarily complicated unless you build your skin for that from the ground up. Maybe someone else will know how to just target it, though.

Sorry I couldn't be more help and good luck. Here's a free bump at least.

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
As long as this is not abused, this is how you can add a class to the layer below the ad:

CODE
<script>$('div[align=center][style=margin-bottom:3px;]:has("td.row4")').addClass('adverts').removeClass('row4');</script>

This will add the .adverts class. You will not be able to style the google ad, but you will be able change the color of the background it sits against, or add a border around that background.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Thank you so much!! I'm not sure how well I can code from a phone xD but I'll give it a go!

signature
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll