Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Adding alerts to this skin
#
Click

My forum's about to change skins but I'm setting up the skin on a test site so I can just transfer it over. I'd like to add the alert system so that it'll tell me how many alerts I have and then give me the dropdown to show where I've been tagged.

I don't know how to add the alert thing to this particular skin.
browser: Google Chrome

- Edit, I've tried an animation div thing that was recommended by but it hasn't worked.

Wrappers

[removed - please see the forum rules right above this forum]

This post has been edited by John: Jul 17 2016, 12:15 PM
PM
#
Please try using what I gave another user in this post:

http://forum.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=25661

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
What does 'call this' mean in that coding context? I was confused by that on the last help I received.

- EDIT- Also when it comes to those codes you gave that person, where do I post them all exactly or are they part of more codes?

This post has been edited by sparklygirl25: Jul 17 2016, 02:00 PM
PM
#
When 'call' is used in the context of programming, it usually means referencing a function.

I made a function called custom_alerts()

I then had Delphi make a link:

CODE
<a href="javascript:custom_alerts()">Alerts</a>

When that link is clicked, it calls the function custom_alerts(); which pops the menu up for her. However, this may not work for all designs and styles. Incorporating that menu as-is into a custom navigation bar is extremely tricky. See what happens when you follow this method as a test. The codes belong in the wrappers.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Ok so the alerts shows up in the main bar rather than messing up which is good. It links to alerts but the dropdown or the number of alerts shown doesn't appear.

I'm not convinced that I've put the coding in the right place.

http://prntscr.com/bu41ki

I couldn't really find the top coding in there, or I've missed it. And I wasn't sure what part I was supposed to change for the bottom code.

If I've misplaced the code (which I may well have, can you please show me how it should look? If it doesn't work after that, I'll probably just give up as it's probably the skin.)

This post has been edited by sparklygirl25: Jul 18 2016, 06:42 AM
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll