Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Important Topics and Forum Topics Display [SOLVED]
#
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I seem to have found another issue with the HTML Templates that is most likely an error on my part, but I am unable to figure it out. Essentially, when I have multiple topics within a forum and pin one, the "Important Topics" and "Forum Topics" headers that are supposed to appear do not do so in the correct spot. Instead they appear below all of the topics and do not organize them properly. I have attached an image of what is happening with the hopes that it is a quick fix! The first topic labelled "Services" is pinned while the rest are not, so I am not sure why they are bunched together and the headers are at the bottom.

This post has been edited by BRITTNEY: Sep 11 2016, 05:40 PM
PM
#
Hi Brittney,

You have two options.

Option 1: Make those bars go away. Place this in your CSS:

#topic-list .darkrow1 { display: none; }

Option 2: Do a Topic List Header Template and add in those rows yourself. It's more complicated but gives you those rows back in the correct spot.

signature
user posted image
#
Hi GMaster!

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I do not want to hide them so I wish to go with the second option, but when I use the default HTML Template for the Topic List Header, the "Important Forums" bar still appears at the bottom of the screen. I have provided an example of the issue here. Would you mind providing a quick summary on how to code this part and have it appear in the correct position? I apologize for asking something so complicated of you. Thank you!
PM
#
    Make sure your topic list header looks like this:

CODE
    <div class="tableborder" id="topic-list">
    <div class="maintitle"><{CAT_IMG}>&nbsp;<!-- |forum_name| --></div>
     <div id="new-topics">
      <% ANNOUNCEMENTS %>
      <% TOPIC_ROWS %>
     </div>
    <!-- |mod_form_end| -->
    <!-- |forum_active| -->
    <!-- |sort_options| -->
    </div>

And has all those variables in it.
PM
#
It seems that the code you have provided works perfectly! The default script located here does not have "<div id="new-topics"></div>" in it which appears to be why they were not sorting correctly. Thank you so much for a quick and perfect reply!

EDIT: As a side note, which I forgot to add, what would be the corresponding CSS to edit the appearance of the "Important Forums" and "Forum Topics"? I apologize for the addition!

This post has been edited by BRITTNEY: Sep 11 2016, 05:48 PM
PM
#
Funny you should mention that as I was just figuring that out myself. You should use the macro variables found in the Topic List Header Template I linked to before. Use those variables in the macro set for the skin and then style the .topic-title-row

signature
user posted image
#
That works perfectly! Thank you so much for all of your assistance. This topic can be marked as solved.
PM
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll