Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Shoutbox [SOLVED]
#
I'm having a couple of problems with the shoutbox. First, I want to change this:

user posted image

to just "Tagbox", but even though I have that in the title, it's not showing up on the main page.

My second problem involves the rule link. I'm not sure if it's a bug or a coding thing, but I have the rules link turned off in the ACP, and yet the link is right there. I would like for it to be completely gone.
#
Changing those things won't change that. Currently you'd need some sort of code to replace that text.

signature
user posted image
#
Add the following to the bottom of your CSS:

#shoutbox .maintitle {display:none}

Then directly over your shoutbox code, add:

<div class="maintitle">Tagbox</div>

You might have to play with margins to get rid of gaps depending on how your other coding is set up, but this is roughly what I do when I want to accomplish something similar.

signature
user posted image
#
owl I tried that, but the title disappears altogether. I tried adjusting my margins to see if it was just hiding, but it doesn't seem to be that.
#
Did you miss this step?

QUOTE (owl @ Oct 20 2016, 04:55 PM)
Then directly over your shoutbox code, add:

<div class="maintitle">Tagbox</div>

You have to add it back in yourself (via this step) but that allows you to customize it as you wish.

If you did already try this step, please link to it so I can investigate.

This post has been edited by owl: Oct 20 2016, 06:40 PM

signature
user posted image
#
owl I hadn't missed that step, no.

But good news, I actually figured out that it was my header image coding that was in the wrong place, which was why the title wasn't showing up. I managed to fix it. Thanks for your help!

I take that back >_< I had to fiddle with the header some more since it was acting up, and now it's gone and disappeared again.

This post has been edited by Carmilla: Oct 20 2016, 07:16 PM
#
Can you take the CSS I suggested temporarily out? I'm trying to see what it was supposed to look like before.

signature
user posted image
#
QUOTE (owl @ Oct 20 2016, 09:22 PM)
Can you take the CSS I suggested temporarily out? I'm trying to see what it was supposed to look like before.

Alright, I took it out!
#
Hmmm, yeah. Since he Shoutbox seems to be inside the header, even though it look like it's under it, it might be a good idea to see if someone can just come up with some Javascript to change it around.

signature
user posted image
#
If I put all of the coding into a webpage, do you think I could separate it that way? My affiliates at the bottom was done this way, so I'm wondering if it would have any effect.
#
Update
The webpage solution worked! Everything is in its right place. The only thing was I had to change the div class name of the title to something other than .maintitle so I could add a margin without it interfering with the board titles.
#
Nice! Good thinking.

signature
user posted image
#
Great, is this solved? http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Yes it is!
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll