Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Awards Utilities
#

Award Creation:

user posted image

Hey guys,

This is a script that implements awarding members on a multi-user basis. It's 10000% garbage, but it works and that's all that matters!.. right? It's also still constrained by the limitations of the D-Awards system (ah, 2004), especially in function.. but hey, it works, and I don't have to add awards one by one, so that's pretty cool.

The Webpage Maker is perfectly set up for this - you can also save it as an offline .html file if you don't mind the feedback system being wonky (it'll constantly say 'error' even when it submits fine, and the ACP login at the top won't function correctly so you'd need to copy and paste your session ID).

Using this does involve your administrative privileges. I can't really think of any way a third party could manipulate the script into being a security risk, but if it does.. Oops?

Don't judge me too harshly for my awful coding practices :b

Toodles! Let me know if you use it, and how it goes. It works for me, but that's not exactly wide-spread functionality.

Download (GitHub raw)

Award Editor:

Hello again! Finished up another utility, slightly more useful than the last.

user posted image

Award editing stuff whoooo.. Functionality is simple enough, and the scripting itself is messier than ever!

This utility loads an up-to-date award list into a table, with each field editable except the Award ID# and Member ID#. Award names, images, given-by('s?), descriptions, and display status are all editable by hand or via mass replacement. It's neatish.

Download (GitHub raw)

This post has been edited by Dusty: May 17 2017, 12:48 PM
PM
#
Oh, this is just perfect. Gonna have to play around with it later on my own site and do some testing. Will let you know how it goes.
PM
#
    Just so you know, I used this just now to assign some awards, and it worked perfectly! I also think you can present it in such a way that you can put it on a hosted awards page with all the awards, and the fields will only appear for the staff themselves so the regular members can't see it even though it exists! Thank you so much, this is awesome! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif
PM
#
This is cool http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif thank you for your work

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
C: Ain't no thang.

This is kinda self-aggrandizing, so sorry, but I figured I'd do a sneak peek at my latest project (thanks for the pointer John!)

user posted image

Still a bit rough, but it loads an up-to-date list of awards from the ACP and presents them in an ugly ol' table (for now), for both individual editing and for mass editing of the name, image, description, and display setting. Forgive my naming conventions: I created a whole bunch of awards with gibberish for the data while doing the awarding script.

I should also note that eventually I'm going to update both of them to limit how many concurrent requests it sends so it doesn't flood the servers/get you banned for that. Seems important, I guess :b

This post has been edited by DustBucket: Nov 9 2016, 03:16 AM
PM
#
this is so lovely! i'm obsessed with using awards so this will be an awesome and succinct way of processing them. <3
PM
#
So uh. I'm having the funniest issue with this. I wanted to try this code out for myself on my site, except I cannot copy-paste the code and all that jazz due to the Spoiler flag closing every time I highlight it. Lol! Is there any way we could get the non-minified code posted up without the spoiler tags?
PM
#
Hah! Didn't know that could happen. I removed the spoiler tags for you.
PM
#
Edited a new utility into the first post. Check it out! C:
PM
#
QUOTE (DustBucket @ Nov 21 2016, 10:20 AM)

I installed it and it won't let me log in? I used the jcink.net and the b1.jcink.com domains both to try it and no dice. Maybe I'm missing something, but I followed the steps you outlined above. Thank you for this awesome utility!
PM
#
QUOTE (multiplicity! @ Nov 21 2016, 04:10 PM)
QUOTE (DustBucket @ Nov 21 2016, 10:20 AM)

I installed it and it won't let me log in? I used the jcink.net and the b1.jcink.com domains both to try it and no dice. Maybe I'm missing something, but I followed the steps you outlined above. Thank you for this awesome utility!

Yup, sorry, just noticed that a hexidecimal code was parsed into the resulting text. John is there anything that I can do for this? The error is on line 300, which is supposed to appear as:

user posted image

In the interim, I've updated the install instructions.

This post has been edited by DustBucket: Nov 21 2016, 07:01 PM
PM
#
Host the code in an external file -- unfortunately I can't think of much else to do.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
I kinda figured, that's on the browser after all. Thanks anyways! I put up a link to the file on Google Drive, so all is (or should be) good.
PM
#
This is actually pretty brilliant, and it's a feature I've been longing for for ages. Kudos, DustBucket!

Would you consider hosting this on a public Github repository so people can open issues if they find any bugs or have enhancement requests?
PM
#
Thanks! The multi-award thingy-do was actually my first foray into JQuery, so it was equal parts fun and frustrating.

Setting up a repo would be neat, but I don't know if it's really needed? Not to say that my code doesn't have bugs because OH BOY does it, but it's more of an addon than anything -- like, CFS was completely justified in having a repo because it was huge and complex, but this? :/

As an aside: Just noticed that the multi-award was still using a user-filled hostname, so that's gone at least.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Feedback and Discussion | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll