Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Profile text area character limit
#
Can it be raised?

Me and my co-admin kinda... Challenged each other to write our character's history finally... And we both just blew straight through that 32.something-thousand character limit. (well over 5k words at this point, in fact) and I tried to raise the limit to 80k (and then 60k in the hopes that it would change, lol), however the limit keeps reverting to the default.

Here's her character's profile. As you can see, she had to start writing her history in the next section on the page. (Accordion structures are wonderful)
PM
#
I can tweak this limit and raise it for you.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (John @ Nov 27 2016, 11:18 PM)
I can tweak this limit and raise it for you.

Ahhh perfect! Thank you!

Here's to hoping we stop before it needs another raise lol.
PM
#
@kjrod should be good to go, I increased the limit

ALTER TABLE `boe_pfields_data` CHANGE `fcontent` `fcontent` MEDIUMTEXT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NULL DEFAULT NULL;

Query executed successfully

let me know if that worked.

signature
#
QUOTE (John @ Dec 4 2016, 01:38 PM)
@kjrod should be good to go, I increased the limit

ALTER TABLE `boe_pfields_data` CHANGE `fcontent` `fcontent` MEDIUMTEXT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NULL DEFAULT NULL;

Query executed successfully

let me know if that worked.

Hmm, for me at least it's still not letting me go beyond the 32,767 character limit. Just tried increasing the character limit by increments of 5k characters and it won't change. (And I get this error when trying to go past the limit in the profile, as well.)

PM
#
ahhh I think I know what's going on there. Thanks for pointing that out. I should be able to fix that later. sorry about that.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll