Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Mini profile breaks for guest [SOLVED]
#
Link: http://penumbrasanctum.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=61

Only guests have a horribly broken mini profile. The main picture that displays is a custom profile field and I'm thinking that may be part of why it is breaking? But I have no way of fixing it so that guests have a placeholder image or anything.

Any ideas? Thank you very much.

signature
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. - Revelation 13:1-18

blood red. snow white.
PM
#
I'm not an expert or anything, but based on your mini profile code here:

CODE
.minibg {
width:250px;height:465px;padding:10px;background:#101010;margin-top:-15px;
}

Put in a background-image: tag in there so it looks like this

CODE
.minibg {
width:250px;
height:465px;
padding:10px;
background:#101010;
margin-top:-15px;
background-image:url(url here of course);
}

But seeing as my coding experience comes from trial and error and I still have no idea what I'm doing, I'm probably wrong in some form, but background-image is where you're going to want to start if what I did was wrong in the slightest. Use that bit and go through the portions of the mini profile code that relate to the main, big avatar and it'll probably work and fix your issue. It has in my prior experience with broken mini-profiles.
#
QUOTE (Greensocks @ Dec 3 2016, 09:10 PM)
I'm not an expert or anything, but based on your mini profile code here:

CODE
.minibg {
width:250px;height:465px;padding:10px;background:#101010;margin-top:-15px;
}

Put in a background-image: tag in there so it looks like this

CODE
.minibg {
width:250px;
height:465px;
padding:10px;
background:#101010;
margin-top:-15px;
background-image:url(url here of course);
}

But seeing as my coding experience comes from trial and error and I still have no idea what I'm doing, I'm probably wrong in some form, but background-image is where you're going to want to start if what I did was wrong in the slightest. Use that bit and go through the portions of the mini profile code that relate to the main, big avatar and it'll probably work and fix your issue. It has in my prior experience with broken mini-profiles.

So I gave that a try, but unfortunately, it didn't work. I have a hover over the profile picture (custom profile field 2) which is why it's not a class by itself. When I applied your suggestion, it fixed the issue with the guest profile, but it broke the profiles for all non-guests.

signature
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. - Revelation 13:1-18

blood red. snow white.
PM
#
can you post the html and css for the miniprofile you're currently using? i can definitely debug it but it would be easier if i can just look at the code.
#
QUOTE (max rockatansky @ Dec 4 2016, 06:20 PM)
can you post the html and css for the miniprofile you're currently using? i can definitely debug it but it would be easier if i can just look at the code.

Will do. If this gets fixed, I'll just remove it so my code isn't floating around hah. Thanks for the help!

This post has been edited by LEVI: Dec 4 2016, 07:02 PM

signature

blood red. snow white.
PM
#
ok try this-

CODE
<center>
<div class="minibg">
 <div class="minibgblock">
  <!-- |name| -->
  <div style="text-align:right;">
   played by <!-- |field_1| --> // currently <!-- |status| -->
  </div>
 </div>
 <div class="shadow1" style="background-image:url('<!-- |field_2| -->');"></div>
 <div class="goodies">
  <center>
   <div style="height:100px;width:100px;top:10px;position:relative;padding:5px;border:1px solid #e2e2e2;">
    <!-- |avatar| -->
   </div>
  </center>
  <div class="minidesc">
   <p></p>
   <p>I am <b><!-- |field_5| --></b> and I have <b><!-- |posts| --></b> posts. I joined on <b><!-- |member_joined| --></b>.</p>
  </div>
  <div style="border-top:1px solid #e2e2e2;width:150px;"></div>
  <div style="font:9px 'Montserrat',sans-serif;text-align:center;margin-top:5px;">
   <center>
    <!-- |field_20| -->
   </center>
  </div>
 </div>
 <div class='member-group-mpcolor-<!-- |g_id| -->'>
  <div style="text-align:left;width:230px;height:30px;padding:10px;margin-top:125px;">
   <center>
    <div style="color:#fff;margin-top:10px;">
     <!-- |g_title| -->
    </div>
   </center>
  </div>
 </div>
 <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://flash-mp3-player.net/medias/player_mp3_mini.swf" width="250" height="20">
  <param name="movie" value="http://flash-mp3-player.net/medias/player_mp3_mini.swf" />
  <param name="bgcolor" value="#a1a1a1" />
  <param name="FlashVars" value="mp3=<!-- |field_21| -->" />
 </object>
</div>
</center>

and then add this to your css -

CODE
.shadow1 { width: 250px; height: 350px; background-image: url(http://placehold.it/250x350); }

if that doesn't work, then try removing the </div> that follows <div class="shadow1" style="background-image:url('<!-- |field_2| -->');">

there's some weird stuff going on in that line of your code so i'm not sure which is correct
#
QUOTE (max rockatansky @ Dec 4 2016, 06:53 PM)
ok try this-

CODE
<center>
<div class="minibg">
 <div class="minibgblock">
  <!-- |name| -->
  <div style="text-align:right;">
   played by <!-- |field_1| --> // currently <!-- |status| -->
  </div>
 </div>
 <div class="shadow1" style="background-image:url('<!-- |field_2| -->');"></div>
 <div class="goodies">
  <center>
   <div style="height:100px;width:100px;top:10px;position:relative;padding:5px;border:1px solid #e2e2e2;">
    <!-- |avatar| -->
   </div>
  </center>
  <div class="minidesc">
   <p></p>
   <p>I am <b><!-- |field_5| --></b> and I have <b><!-- |posts| --></b> posts. I joined on <b><!-- |member_joined| --></b>.</p>
  </div>
  <div style="border-top:1px solid #e2e2e2;width:150px;"></div>
  <div style="font:9px 'Montserrat',sans-serif;text-align:center;margin-top:5px;">
   <center>
    <!-- |field_20| -->
   </center>
  </div>
 </div>
 <div class='member-group-mpcolor-<!-- |g_id| -->'>
  <div style="text-align:left;width:230px;height:30px;padding:10px;margin-top:125px;">
   <center>
    <div style="color:#fff;margin-top:10px;">
     <!-- |g_title| -->
    </div>
   </center>
  </div>
 </div>
 <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://flash-mp3-player.net/medias/player_mp3_mini.swf" width="250" height="20">
  <param name="movie" value="http://flash-mp3-player.net/medias/player_mp3_mini.swf" />
  <param name="bgcolor" value="#a1a1a1" />
  <param name="FlashVars" value="mp3=<!-- |field_21| -->" />
 </object>
</div>
</center>

and then add this to your css -

CODE
.shadow1 { width: 250px; height: 350px; background-image: url(http://placehold.it/250x350); }

if that doesn't work, then try removing the </div> that follows <div class="shadow1" style="background-image:url('<!-- |field_2| -->');">

there's some weird stuff going on in that line of your code so i'm not sure which is correct

Seems to be fixed! (Had to remove the div as instructed)

Hopefully nothing spontaneously explodes, since that happens a lot when you cheer over a code working.

Thank you very much for your help. \o/

signature

blood red. snow white.
PM
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll