Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Members reporting frequent log out?
#
Site: http://penumbrasanctum.b1.jcink.com/

A few members on my site are reporting that they are frequently being logged out. Sometimes this happens when they return back to the site after some inactivity, other times it happens when trying to view a user's posts or threads. Other times they will click a link, it opens in a new tab, and they are no longer logged in. I have had it happen to me on occasion and I'm not sure what the issue may be?

Thanks in advance.

signature
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. - Revelation 13:1-18

blood red. snow white.
PM
#
Could they accidentally be switching from your site at b1.jcink.com and .jcink.net? They both have different cookies attached to them and that would cause it looking like they're logged out.
PM
#
Thank you, I think that may have been the source of the issue!

signature
And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. - Revelation 13:1-18

blood red. snow white.
PM
#
We'll leave this open for a few days, but yes, that was the first question I was about to ask.

I'm not sure how new or old the board is, but in general *.b1.jcink.com shouldn't be used anymore, and hasn't been a default in many years now when creating a new board. All boards are automatically given a *.jcink.net URL presented to them on sign-up, and while the b1 will work, we don't advertise it anymore.

Some might just be remembering the name and punching in the .net

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll