Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Stylesheet Character Limit? [SOLVED]
#
Hey there!

This ALL started when I found THIS skin on Resource forums. It's a pretty good skin and I love it, but it is pretty heavily coded within CSS. That is not the issue though, what is going on is that my Stylesheet seems to be cutting off the css because I have added certain css, like the Face Claim code for instance, but when i do save it, it ends up cutting it off. So, have I confused you yet? Well then, lemme show you a screenshot.

Before Screenshot:
https://s13.postimg.org/8pifhai13/16780047_...813875931_n.png

After Screenshot:
https://s13.postimg.org/u0fzlk05j/Capture.png

I am not sure what is going on. The only thing that I could think of is that the CSS is getting cut off by an character limit. The Characters count up to: 63,711

So...help? XD Please? Thanks!

signature
user posted image
Made by me!
PM
#
I know that sometimes the cap can be raised, but another work around is externally hosting your CSS (using your file manager). Do you need some help figuring out how to go that route? (If the CSS is that long it might be a good idea to host it, anyway, because I believe it'll help loading times.)

Also, your last screenshot doesn't make a lot of sense. If you're running into issues, it might be because something like "membergroups" should look like ".membergroups" so that the CSS knows you're trying to select a class called membergroups.

This post has been edited by owl: Feb 15 2017, 03:01 PM

signature
user posted image

kindly do not use my site Discord / DM / PM me for support.
#
There is a roughly 65kb character limit. So yes, it sounds like you are hitting it. Post your board link and I can raise it.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#

signature
user posted image
Made by me!
PM
#
Markiplier! I have expanded your CSS now.

signature
#
Thanks John!

You are awesome!

signature
user posted image
Made by me!
PM
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll