Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

New Reply Markers Glitch?, Help please!
#
So I am not sure if anyone else has brought this up yet or at all? I looked around and don't see it. But there is a bug right now that it is quite annoying at the moment, so hopefully it will get fixed soon.

You know how you read a thread and then click on it later after posts are made and it takes you to the last unread post? Like even outside of the thread, just clicking on it from the main forum? Well that's not working, it's now going back to the first post or the last you read when the board decided when it thinks your last read stuff was. I cleaned my cookies and browser stuff and it goes away when you do "Mark all posts read" but it's starting to be a bit much. Like right now I am hosting an On-Site Hunger Games game, and like these threads I have opened already a bunch of times, but the marker is still there saying I haven't.

user posted image

I have literally been in those threads countless times today checking in on votes, and those markers will not go away.

And it's like this for all of my posters and friends I asked outside the board at other jcink games and sites at the moment. Please fix it.

signature
user posted image

Real time Survivor, Big Brother and many other reality show Role Playing and Strategy Games. PM me for more info!
PM
#
Have not been seeing this myself but will look into it in a bit. No one else has mentioned it, I did modify the code for new/no new posts recently, so that may have introduced a problem. Will likely roll back the changes and then let me know if the problem persists.

Edit: Confirmed seeing this on the resource forum but not here. Think I know what it is. Will be able to apply a patch around 8p or 9pm depending as I'm on mobile now.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Blondzilla5150 let me know if this issue is now resolved, just uploaded a patch.

signature
#
It worked, yes. Thanks so much. <3

signature
user posted image

Real time Survivor, Big Brother and many other reality show Role Playing and Strategy Games. PM me for more info!
PM
#
I'll leave this open just in case. I did not end up rolling back to the old code, I just fixed what was wrong with the current code that was causing this to happen on some boards. Thanks for the report and apologies for the inconvenience here.

signature
#
I was having this issue earlier but it's all fixed now!
PM
#
Thank you as well for the confirmation Natalie. I do believe this is probably okay now.

signature
#
John

I'm beginning to see this issue again, on both my site and some resource forums.
PM
#
Natalie

I have not made any code changes since the patch. Also not having the issue on the resource forum or my test board currently.

Where on your site are you seeing it, any specific location so I can check it out? Is it the exact same as before with the topics?

signature
#
Here and here are places it's happening on my site, but I'm also seeing it on a larger rp resource site, here. I've also confirmed with a member of my site that it's happening for them.

Edit: It's working now? xD Definitely wasn't for a minute though.

This post has been edited by Natalie: Feb 17 2017, 08:39 PM
PM
#
Is it the exact same as before with the topics though? Or is the forum marker itself not updating.

signature
#
QUOTE (Natalie @ Feb 17 2017, 09:37 PM)
Edit: It's working now? xD Definitely wasn't for a minute though.

There was one other small location I missed that needed to be patched. Think I got it.

signature
#
QUOTE (John @ Feb 17 2017, 08:39 PM)
Is it the exact same as before with the topics though? Or is the forum marker itself not updating.

It's not happening anymore, but I believe it was just the forum marker itself not updating.
PM
#
Natalie

Yes, that is what I resolved just now. I checked for the topics issue and that wasn't happening, but noticed the forum markers. All fixed now.

That should be the end of the issue as I have gone and double checked for other instances of it. I do apologize that I even changed the code for this to begin with -- it was supposed to be a seamless change. But it had to be done -- (something back-end related). I'm the last person who ever wants to rewrite code like that to do the same thing in a different way.

It didn't help that this board wasn't affected by the issue as well, or I would have caught it sooner.

I appreciate the patience and reports. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Bug Reports | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll