Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Link color issues SOLVED [SOLVED]
#
So I'm working on a skin for my site here.

The skin has an overall code (a:link) for your link colors, but the navvy system (cluster of links in the table beneath the banner image) has a code for link color as well. The overall a:link code that controls the links for the entire site is over-ruling the specific link color I'm trying to set for the navvy system. Is there a way to have two different link colors on the site without one covering the other up?

This post has been edited by Minksfly: Mar 6 2017, 10:03 AM
PM
#
I believe there is. Can you help me try and figure out how to target it by explaining where the Navvy system is / what it is? Is it possible I can't see it because I'm a guest?

signature
user posted image

kindly do not use my site Discord / DM / PM me for support.
#
Apologies. It should be viewable to guests. The navvy system is a navigational system it's just titled "navvy" in the codes (the div class is "navvy"). It's the cluster of tan links in the table beneath the banner image that link to various important topics on site. You should be able to view the codes by viewing page source or inspecting element.
PM
#
Hey, sorry for poking my nose in, I'm sure owl would be better than this at me, but I think I might have the solution? So I hope you don't mind humouring me as I try to get better at troubleshooting... and I hope these aren't too obvious fixes that you've already tried.

Have you made sure that the div is before the a: tag? Like this:
CODE
.navvy a: (etc)

If so, and it's still not working, perhaps trying an !important tag, put it before the semi-colon after the colour, such as:

CODE
.navvy a: {colour: #xxxxxx !important;}

Hope I'm not wasting your time or embarrassing myself with terrible advice XD. Thanks for humouring me http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

signature
user posted image
PM
#
Just my thought:

CODE
<div class="navvy"><a href="http://deepinthemeadow.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=1">» RULES</a></div>

Wrapping your code with the div class around it alters the color of the link.
#
QUOTE (TheTrueMe @ Mar 4 2017, 02:39 PM)
Hey, sorry for poking my nose in, I'm sure owl would be better than this at me, but I think I might have the solution? So I hope you don't mind humouring me as I try to get better at troubleshooting... and I hope these aren't too obvious fixes that you've already tried.

CODE

If so, and it's still not working, perhaps trying an !important tag, put it before the semi-colon after the colour, such as:

CODE

Hope I'm not wasting your time or embarrassing myself with terrible advice XD. Thanks for humouring me http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

This is fine! But one big thing: "colour" is not valid in CSS. The UK spelling of the word "color" is not recognized by CSS. Could throw someone for a loop.

This goes for other elements as well, ex: text-align: centre;

I'm not really sure why they can't just add these as aliases, but it is what it is...

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (TheTrueMe @ Mar 4 2017, 12:39 PM)

CODE

CODE

No, you're fine!

So my code looks like this for the navvy portion which is what (correct me if I'm wrong please) you were hinting at? As it is it's still being overridden by my overall site link color.

CODE
.navvy a {
color: #856e87!important;
font-family: courier new!important;
font-size: 11px!important;
letter-spacing: 1px!important;
transition: all 0.8s linear;
-webkit-transition: all 0.8s linear;
-moz-transition: all 0.8s linear;

QUOTE (CASSIDY @ Mar 4 2017, 06:12 PM)
Just my thought:

CODE
<div class="navvy"><a href="http://deepinthemeadow.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=1">» RULES</a></div>

Wrapping your code with the div class around it alters the color of the link.

HA! That did it, thank you. I had the <div class=navvy"> in there, but in the wrong location. I had it after my links and apparently that's enough to make it not work.

This post has been edited by Minksfly: Mar 5 2017, 09:38 PM
PM
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll