Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Hiding Custom Profile Fields in UserCP [SOLVED]
#
I know that this is possible to do with CSS - but is it possible to only hide a field from specific member groups?

Group 1: Can edit
Group 2: Can edit
Group 3: Can edit
Group 4: Can edit
Group 5: Can edit
Group 6: Can't edit
Group 7: Can't edit
Group 8: Can edit

If this isn't possible, I totally understand. I'll just hope that the honor system will work on my RP for those specific groups.
PM
#
QUOTE (CamilleNicole @ Mar 30 2017, 02:08 AM)
If this isn't possible, I totally understand. I'll just hope that the honor system will work on my RP for those specific groups.

It is not, sorry.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
You can actually do this with CSS - of course, doing this through CSS doesn't mean some enterprising individual can't work around it, but I use this method on my site to sort of customize the content that goes into each profile, and it's working well for me. Let me know if you'd like instructions on this method.

signature
user posted image
#
QUOTE (owl @ Mar 30 2017, 01:53 PM)
You can actually do this with CSS - of course, doing this through CSS doesn't mean some enterprising individual can't work around it, but I use this method on my site to sort of customize the content that goes into each profile, and it's working well for me. Let me know if you'd like instructions on this method.

Yes, please!

John If owl's method doesn't work for me, then I'll just leave things as-is.
PM
#
QUOTE (owl @ Mar 30 2017, 03:53 PM)

Dang, sorry I missed this. If you're still interested in this info I'd be happy to let me know. Do you happen to know the number(s) associated with the usergroups you'd like to hide things from? If not I can include finding that as well.

signature
user posted image
#
QUOTE (owl @ Apr 17 2017, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE (owl @ Mar 30 2017, 03:53 PM)

Dang, sorry I missed this. If you're still interested in this info I'd be happy to let me know. Do you happen to know the number(s) associated with the usergroups you'd like to hide things from? If not I can include finding that as well.

The group IDs? Yes, I have them.
For all other character groups, this particular field is just for their job - but for these groups it's an indication of notoriety (I'm working on an idol rp & this is supposed to be their general ranking)
PM
#
Alright, here we go. The first step is finding this in your board wrappers:

<body>

And changing it to:

<body ID="ID<!-- |g_id| -->">

What this does is it uses a variable to add an ID to your body which reflects the usergroup currently being used to view the page. Using this, we can somewhat customize the CSS for each usergroup. Since CSS is cascading, you're going to want to put this usergroup-custom CSS at the very bottom of the CSS in your stylesheet.

The first part of the CSS references the selector we've added to your CSS, and the next bit will help hide the section you would like to hide when certain usergroups edit their profile.

#ID6 #ucpcontent #field_0, #ID7 #ucpcontent #field_0, #ID11 #ucpcontent #field_0 {display: none}

This will only remove it from the place where they edit their profile, and where it says "#field_0" the 0 needs to be replaced with the number of the custom profile field. Let me know if you need clarification on anything.

signature
user posted image
#
This worked! Thanks, owl.
PM
#
Nice! I'm so glad it worked for you and, again, sorry about the wait. Good luck with your forum! ^^

signature
user posted image
#
Thanks again!
(This can be marked as solved, now.)
PM
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll