Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Post Count going backward
#
hey friends!

we have a bit of a glitch on our site that only seems to be affecting the new accounts in the last few weeks, and I'm not sure why it's suddenly started to happen. No settings have been changed in about 6 months haha.

Basically whenever anyone posts, instead of getting 1 post in their count they get -1 posts. We've had to go in and manually change the post counts and even after that the posts don't go up - they just stay on the number we had to change them to.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I've checked all the settings for each forum and member group and like i said, nothing has been changed since we opened the site and it only affects new accounts!

thanks in advance c:

our site is: milkshake!
PM
#
...er, I'm not sure if it will do anything - but maybe try converting from CFS to Jcink's HTML templates.
https://jcink.com/main/wiki/jfh-converting-...-html-templates

With the new HTML templates going into beta for everyone, there's no reason to continue using the script.

This post has been edited by CamilleNicole: Apr 12 2017, 07:19 PM
PM
#
CFS has nothing to do with OP's problem.

I would test the following:

1. Create a new account
2. Post in a forum - does the postcount go negative? does it increase?

If it does/doesn't, let me know and link me to the post.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll