Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Menu not working properly
#
I am new to coding and such and I tried to edit a theme just to get more experience when I encountered a problem. The menu isn't working properly. The "welcome -user-" Message isn't showing up and the buttons aren't showing up correctly depending on member/guest (a guest can see usercp, messages, register, login etc things that it shouldn't see and vice versa).

Can someone tell me what is wrong or maybe give me a hand in trying to fix it?
PM
#
Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (John @ May 26 2017, 03:19 PM)
Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.

I have sent a PM providing all the details needed.
PM
#
The welcome back message is not showing up because the news test is hidden in css here:

CODE
.newstext {
display:none;
}

As far as I could tell there is also no other welcome text placed anywhere in this skin beyond the stats, which is displaying correctly at this time.

It also looks like the skin author just didn't account for anything except guest and member stuff. Is there another place this skin is shown/demoed to look at? otherwise it just seems incomplete.

I would recommend unhiding the default menu bar.

#userlinksbar is set to display: hidden; in css -- delete that to bring our main menu bar back.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Yes, the theme can be seen here: http://bbbrp.jcink.net
PM
#
Personally, what I do with skins like this is I simply link to the ACP / MCP in a staff section on the index. Then there's always links to them no matter if he skin has them or not, and using permissions I can make sure they're only seen by staff.

signature
user posted image

Please do not use my site Discord / DM / PM me for support.
#
I could provide you an admin test account and help me out with that if you wish.
PM
#
That's no needed, I'll give you instructions. Hold tight.

Call the forum "Admin Only" (you can call it whatever you want, really, but for the purposes of this tutorial I'm going to be referring to it as that. Under "Permission Access Levels" tick "Read" next to *Admin Forum Mask (you can also tick reply, start, and upload as you wish) Do not tick it for any other non-staff permission mask types.

Then scroll down and click "Create New Forum"

Okay, now we're going to make sub-forum for this section. So, we'll do the following again:

Title this one "Mod CP"

For "Add to which parent?" choose "Admin Only" (the one we created earlier)

Then scroll down - you should find a category called "RSS Import / Redirect Options"

In the setting called "Redirect URL or RSS Url(s)" add (without the quotation marks): "/index.php?act=modcp"
With type of URL choose: Redirect

In terms of your permission, this time you only need to tick "read" for staff permission masks.

Alright, one more time.

Title this one "Admin CP"

For "Add to which parent?" choose "Admin Only" (the one we created earlier)

Then scroll down - you should find a category called "RSS Import / Redirect Options"

In the setting called "Redirect URL or RSS Url(s)" add (without the quotation marks): "/admin.php"
With type of URL choose: Redirect

In terms of your permission, this time you only need to tick "read" for staff permission masks.

*If you don't have an admin permission mask then you can create one at ACP > Forum Control > Permission Masks

If you followed those directions you should have a staff section with sub-forums that link to your control panels. Additionally, if you got the permission masks set up right only staff will be able to see the links and you don't have to mess with coding / the links should be available to you on the index no matter what skin you're using.

This post has been edited by owl: May 27 2017, 02:31 PM

signature
user posted image

Please do not use my site Discord / DM / PM me for support.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll