Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Forum Macros issue
#
So recently on Elias Island a second skin was installed, which included a new set of forum macros. However those new macros are working inconsistently - mostly with the new reply forum markers, where they won't always show up. This also makes the forum description shift slightly to the left and not line up with all the other forum descriptions, since the macro is missing.

I've double checked and they're definitely all installed correctly.

Since it's not the default skin on the site, I'll link the test site for the skin here. It doesn't seem to be doing it on the test site, but of course it doesn't always do it on the main site either and that gets used a lot more often. I've done a couple tests on the skin test site and it seems fine?

Does it have something to do with the way the two skins interact with each other, and is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks!
PM
#
Bump? Anyone have any ideas?
PM
#
Bump!
PM
#
Post your template.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Sorry for the wait! Here they are:

CODE
<div id="row-<!-- |forum_id| -->" alt="" class="new-row">   <div id='eliasindex'><table cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0'><td><!-- |img_new_post| --></td><td><div class='forumsection'><div class='forumtitle'><!-- |name| --></div><div class='forumstats'><!-- |topics| --> topics • <!-- |replies| --> replies</div></div></td><td><div class='forumdesc'><!-- |description| --></div></td><td><div class='forumpostdet'><div class='postdate'><!-- |last_post| --></div><div class='posttitle'><!-- |last_topic| --></div><div class='postauthor'>BY <!-- |last_poster| --></div></div></td></table></div>  </div>
PM
#
When I made a test post under "guest test" it seemed alright to me. If the marker isn't always showing up, check to ensure that every macro is filled in. Might be missing one.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Thanks John but they're definitely all there and all installed correctly. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif As I said it seems to be really inconsistent in whether or not they show up - as in sometimes when the page loads the new post macro will show up on some forums and not another further down the page.
PM
#
Try replacing your current template with:

CODE
<div id="row-<!-- |forum_id| -->" alt="" class="new-row">   <div id='eliasindex'><table cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0'><td style="min-width:25px"><!-- |img_new_post| --></td><td><div class='forumsection'><div class='forumtitle'><!-- |name| --></div><div class='forumstats'><!-- |topics| --> topics • <!-- |replies| --> replies</div></div></td><td><div class='forumdesc'><!-- |description| --></div></td><td><div class='forumpostdet'><div class='postdate'><!-- |last_post| --></div><div class='posttitle'><!-- |last_topic| --></div><div class='postauthor'>BY <!-- |last_poster| --></div></div></td></table></div>  </div>

I don't know if it'll do much about the disappearing macros, but fingers crossed it'll help with the shifting.

signature
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll