Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Regarding a skin upload:
#
Hi there!

I'm playing with a new skin for my website, and each time I upload the file as a new skin, it doesn't seem to alter the board statistics section as it's supposed to.

Here is a preview of the skin by its creator with the way the board statistics should look: here

And here is my tester site with the board statistics unaltered: here?

I'm stumped!

signature
user posted image
#
Go to Admin CP > Skins and Templates > HTML Templates

Are there any template sets listed?

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Nope, it says "There are currently no existing Custom HTML Template sets."

signature
user posted image
#
Try uploading the skin xml file to there and see if it extracts the templates.

signature
#
Templates are showing up after I upload it there, but still nothing

signature
user posted image
#
go to skin sets > edit > choose the template set that was imported. should be fine then.

I think this only had to be done because newly created boards don't have the html template system 'active' unless that section in the admin cp is visited...a leftover thing from when they were first implemented. this should not need to be done for any future imports on that board.

signature
#
Thank you kindly! So because this is a tester site, therefore new, will I have to do the same for my actual website? It's crazy old, but just so I know when I move the skin over, haha.

signature
user posted image
#
Not if you have already visited the html templates section in the admin cp, you won't have to do this. Simply visiting it quitely activates it on newly created boards and old boards too. However, I will update the new board creation code so that this step is not necessary in the future.

signature
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll