Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

Mini profile questionnnnn
#
Is there any way to have the poster's username appear as their member group colour?. On my actual website, I haven't edited the mini-profile section in years, and now I'm not able to view it (it re-directs me to the HTML profile) so I can't remember for the life of me how to do it.

Their usernames appear the colour of their member group in the board statistics at the bottom of the site, and in the board information on "who posted most recently", but not on their post, itself.

here

signature
user posted image
#
if you have a custom mini profile, there are mini profile fields you can wrap around the username <!-- |group_prefix| --> and <!-- |group_suffix| --> that should change the color.

not 100% sure those are the correct names as i'm pulling from memory however.

This post has been edited by clicker: Oct 1 2017, 02:26 PM
PM
#
So what would I be looking for in my mini-profile section?

EDIT: That said, the colours for the usernames also aren't showing up in the boards, themselves. Just the board statistics...

This post has been edited by HOLLAND RODEN: Oct 1 2017, 04:54 PM

signature
user posted image
#
The variables for mini profile display of group color are <!-- |prefix| --> and <!-- |suffix| -->

<!-- |name| --> is all inclusive; with prefixes/suffixes/the name already there for you, but if you build your own name indicator then you need to surround it with the pref/suf vars.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
I've been messing around with it for a few hours and I've been reading through other threads that have had similar questions but I still can't seem to get it.

I was able to do up my original mini profile just fine and the usernames are the member group colours, but that was a few years back and the ACP is a bit different for mini profiles now, but I've been toying with the variables to no avail.

Does it matter that the usernames aren't along the side as they normally are? Including an image ---> here.

signature
user posted image
#
Bumping, as I still can't seem to figure this out http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif

signature
user posted image
#
Please post your MP template html and link to an actual post that we can see.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Sorry this took so long!

I've posted the Mini Profile coding here so you can see!

signature
user posted image
#
Bumping <3

signature
user posted image
#
I'm going to take this to a resource website for some help, so you can close this. Thank you. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

signature
user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll