Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Mini Profile Questions
#
Hello! I'm looking for an answer for four questions, so I hope it's okay that I'm putting the two together in one post.

HERE is the site I'm working on.

1. How do you make custom profile fields show "N/A" if there is no answer inserted? Everything I've found online has been showing how to remove the "N/A", but I want to add it.

2. My avatar is not showing up. I've tried just deleting the bit where the "background image" goes, but that breaks the whole code. Where I have "<!-- |avatar| -->", the original code had a photo, but I want it to be blank until someone adds their profile picture.

3. It won't allow me to edit the custom profile fields when I go into my control panel. They are enabled and my usergroup should be allowed to edit them. Any ideas about what's wrong?

4. There's a weird space above "BIO" in the mini profile that I would like gone (there used to be an image there) but I don't know how to get rid of it?

Here's my mini profile code:
CODE
<div class="navnbag"><div class="navnavn"><!-- |name| --></div><div class="undernavn"><!-- |field_1| --> <span style="color:#dd001f">ナルト</span> <!-- |member_group| --> <span style="color:#dd001f">ナルト</span> <!-- |field_4| --></div></div>

<div style="background-image:<!-- |avatar| -->;" class="lilav"><div class="lilleomrids"></div>

<center><div class="storeomrids"><div class="lilleting"><div class="lillinfo"><span style="color:#dd001f"><b>BIO:</b></span> <a href="<!--|field_7|-->">LINK</a></div>

<div class="lillinfolinje"><span style="color:#dd001f"><b>AGE:</b></span> <!-- |field_3| --></div>

<div class="lillinfolinje"><span style="color:#dd001f"><b>RANK:</b></span> <!-- |field_5| --></div>

<div class="lillinfolinje"><span style="color:#dd001f"><b>VILLAGE:</b></span> <!-- |field_6| --></div>

<div class="lillinfolinje"><span style="color:#dd001f"><b>POSTS:</b></span> <!-- |member_posts| --></div>

<div class="lillelinkomrids"><div class="lillelinks"></div><div class="lillelinks"><a href="http://narutogaidenrp.jcink.net/index.php?act=Msg&CODE=04&MID=<!-- |id| -->"><i class="fa fa-envelope-o"></i></a></div></div></div><div class="crookedlille"></div></center></div>

This post has been edited by EliteKilljoy: Oct 10 2017, 03:46 PM
PM
#
1. What happens if there is no answer, currently? What you want is something that can be accomplished with Javascript, I believe, but given that I don't know too much about Javascript it's likely that someone else will have to help. If it's not a big issue, though, I think they've talked about adding something to accomplish that without it, eventually.

2. Replace <!-- |avatar| --> with <!-- |avatar_url| --> in your code and let me know if that helps.

3. Can you provide the credentials for a test account (assuming that the usergroup you're talking about is not a staff account).

4. Find this in the CSS for your mini-profile:

.lillinfo {
text-align: right;
border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;
text-transform: uppercase;
display: inline-block;
font-family: roboto;
font-size: 9px;
font-weight: 900;
margin: 1px;
width: 140px;
padding: 5px 20px 5px 20px;
margin-top: 60px;
}

Replace it with:

.lillinfo {
text-align: right;
border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;
text-transform: uppercase;
display: inline-block;
font-family: roboto;
font-size: 9px;
font-weight: 900;
margin: 1px;
width: 140px;
padding: 5px 20px 5px 20px;
margin-top: 15px;
}

signature
user posted image

Please do not use my site Discord / DM / PM me for support.
#
1. Okay, I'll wait to see if someone else has an idea.

2. That didn't help, no. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif

3. The user I'm talking about is the admin account and I'm still unable to edit the fields. I could make a test account for you if you think it would help?

4. That fixed it, thanks!

EDIT: A friend helped me out and got this all solved, thanks!

This post has been edited by EliteKilljoy: Oct 10 2017, 07:13 PM
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll