Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Remove comma from topic description
#
When you are viewing a post, at the top is a bar that has "Topic Title, Topic Description". I'm currently coding a skin where the topic title is on top of the description (which I already figured out how to do, that part was easy) but the comma, and it's following space, are messing up the look of my code when there is a description for the topic.

So, is there a way to either a ) remove the comma (as needed for this particular skin) or b ) replace it with a different character (as needed for a future skin)?

Board Link: http://disneylove.jcink.net/index.php?act=idx

This post has been edited by VioletPadfoot: Oct 30 2017, 11:16 PM
PM
#
bump?
PM
#
I don't think there is, sorry. At least not any way I can think of immediately using CSS. If someone knows otherwise feel free to correct me.

This post has been edited by owl: Oct 31 2017, 03:07 AM

signature
user posted image
#
QUOTE (owl @ Oct 31 2017, 04:07 AM)
I don't think there is, sorry. At least not any way I can think of immediately using CSS. If someone knows otherwise feel free to correct me.

Unfortunately, this is correct, there is no way to hide it currently.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
That's what I was afraid of. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to live with it. Thank You both
PM
#
With JS it's super easy, but that's not really ideal. If it's on a separate line, there are a number of ways I think you could reliably achieve this. I tinkered around for a second and fudged this out:

user posted image

By using a gradient and text clip, setting the gradient to have a single pixel shift from rgba(0,0,0,0) to my font color, and eliminating .topic-title's inheritance from .main-title. You should be able to achieve a similar affect if you text-align to the left and use a margin to bump the comma outside of the element's boundaries, and occlude it with overflow:hidden.

edit:

Actually, you could also affect this for both single-line and double-line cases by creating a ~2px wide element with a background that matches the background of .tableborder with the ::after pseudo-class, and position it directly over the comma.

This post has been edited by Dusty: Nov 8 2017, 01:56 AM
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll