Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

topic-title-row problems [SOLVED]
#
okay so i've got the macros in the right place, i coded the topic title rows the way i want, but they aren't working. i have the html template in the right place, as well, and i can't figure out why these specific ones won't show up.

the board is here -- http://promisemenp.jcink.net

and if needed, i can provide whatever part of the code you think you might need. please help!

thank you!
PM
#
It appears that all of the guest enabled forums have no topics. Please add some topics guests can see, so that we may look at the problem.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
oops sorry about that. this forum -- http://promisemenp.jcink.net/index.php?showforum=9 has some topics, one pinned and one regular to show the topic title rows.
PM
#
What is the contents of your macros? Are they images, css based?

signature
#
they're css based. i have them right now as <div class='topic-title-row'> and then the code for that is

CODE
.topic-title-row {
 background-color:#fafafa;
 border-top: 1px solid #f0f0f0;
 font-family: quicksand;
 font-size: 15px;
 padding: 15px;
 text-transform: lowercase;
 height: 30px;
 letter-spacing: 1px;
}
PM
#
Please insert this text anywhere within your topic row HTML template. I want to see what comes up:

CODE
Macro:(<!-- |macro_img| -->)

signature
#
okay, i added that and it does something weird.
PM
#
That appears to be the output of <!-- |macro_img| -->, which is the current macro state for that skin set and particular topic row.

Did your topic row template have <!-- |macro_img| --> in it? To see macros added via Admin CP for the topics, you must be using <!-- |macro_img| -->

signature
#
well for the topics, there are images there. and those work just fine. the only thing that doesn't seem to be working is the topic title rows for the 'important topics' and 'forum topics'. i'm not sure why the coding isn't working for those.
PM
#
It looks like they are simply outputting as bold.

What happens if you change them to just "test1" and "test2?"

signature
#
they don't change. so is there something wrong with the html template i have for the topic list headers?? right now i have

CODE
<div class="tableborder" id="topic-list">
<div class="maintitle"><{CAT_IMG}>&nbsp;<!-- |forum_name| --></div>
<div id="new-topics">
 <% ANNOUNCEMENTS %>
 <% TOPIC_ROWS %>
</div>
<!-- |mod_form_end| -->
<!-- |forum_active| -->
<!-- |sort_options| -->
</div>
PM
#
    Did you create the new macros for the topic headers? There are three you have to create individually according to the HTML templates guide.
PM
#
i did! i did pretty much everything i did for my last site and that’s the only thing that isn’t working.
PM
#
Strange because I can't think of a reason why the macros are not taking effect. By some stupid chance there aren't TWO of those macros on the macro page... are there?

signature
#
i just checked and there aren't :/ i'm not sure why they won't take.

edit

okay so for some reason, when i put the macros in, they were entered in wrong so i deleted them and put them in again and they took this time. idk what i did before but i fixed it. so now i feel incredibly stupid. thanks for trying to help!

This post has been edited by kat morley: Nov 22 2017, 11:42 PM
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

OptionsPages: (2) 1 2  ClosedNew TopicNew Poll