Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Mod Warn Permissions?
#
Just a quick question:

So I want mods to be able to warn users. I have mod permissions on in the Warning System setup so that's done. Is there a way to just globally allow all mods to warn? I have all my mods in a user group, but I can't find it under group permissions. I can't seem to find a way to give them permission to without going into ACP moderation and changing permissions on each individual mod.

And on the off chance I have to change them individually, if I have one mod on two subforums, do I need to give them permission on both subforums or if I do one will that give the mod permission?
PM
#
I just checked for myself and it does appear that you have to do it per member, rather then for the member group as a whole.

signature
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

#
I have all my mods in a user group, but I can't find it under group permissions. I can't seem to find a way to give them permission to without going into ACP moderation and changing permissions on each individual mod.

And on the off chance I have to change them individually, if I have one mod on two subforums, do I need to give them permission on both subforums or if I do one will that give the mod permission?

I'm understanding your setup like this: You have a "moderators" user group, but this group is not set to be a "super moderator." Instead, you have individually assigned people in this group to various specific forums; and the forums they moderate are all different.

In this instance, yes, you must individually configure each moderator's permissions per forum as well.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (John @ Dec 16 2017, 05:38 AM)

I'm understanding your setup like this: You have a "moderators" user group, but this group is not set to be a "super moderator." Instead, you have individually assigned people in this group to various specific forums; and the forums they moderate are all different.

In this instance, yes, you must individually configure each moderator's permissions per forum as well.

Yes, that's the setup I have! Okay, follow up questions then.

(1) If I have a category with subforums below it and I assign a moderator to the category, do they automatically have access to everything within the category or so I need to assign them to each individual subforum?

So like:

Welcome Area - assign Mod1
- Info
- Rules
- Chat

Would Mod1 then be able to moderate info, rules, and chat as well?

(2) If Mod1 isn't a super moderator, but is given warning permissions, can they can warn any user on the site (minus protected groups)?
PM
#
It needs to be assigned per-forum including all subforums. Assigning to a parent forum does not make them mod of all subforums.

They can technically warn any user on the site when given warn permissions but I believe the system requires a user to have posted in their moderated forum previously.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
QUOTE (John @ Dec 17 2017, 12:25 PM)
It needs to be assigned per-forum including all subforums. Assigning to a parent forum does not make them mod of all subforums.

They can technically warn any user on the site when given warn permissions but I believe the system requires a user to have posted in their moderated forum previously.

Okay. Thank you!
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll