Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Image Auto-Resize Breaks Links, might be a bug? not sure
#
Sadly I don't have an example of this on my main forum, but I dug up a deleted ad and posted it here on my test forum to show you what I mean. My forum auto-resize is set to 500x500 (on here and on the main forum), and when people put a link around their images that link doesn't work. If you click on the image all you get is taken to a bigger view of the image. I don't remember this doing that? But I could be wrong.

I was wondering if perhaps it's not supposed to do that, or if so. . . if there's a solution to fix it? I'd like to seem less nitpicky with ads, but I don't like accepting ads with broken links, code, images, etc. and technically this is making it act as a broken link since there's no way for the person to get to the forum that's posting.

Edit: moved to a forum where can be viewed by guests. Sorry!

This post has been edited by THE SONIC CENTURION: Dec 31 2017, 09:03 AM
PM
#
I just visited it in firefox and didn't have the issue. I checked it in Chrome and had the problem. I have no idea why the behavior of that is different in both browsers.

Quickest way for me to address this for you is to give you a code to disable the image resizer while in that specific forum. Would this be acceptable? As far as fixing the issue, I'm not totally sure what it is and will require a deeper look into seeing how to 'fix' it.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Some of the ad images people make tend to stretch or be quite large so that was one reason I had it turned on. Members generally know not to post anything that big. I can wait and see if you figure anything out though. It's nothing urgent and I can be patient, it was just something that had been bugging me for awhile now so I figured I'd ask. I didn't even think it could be a browser issue, but to be fair I haven't use Firefox in a long time.
PM
#
    John

I just looked at that thread and it looks for me in Google Chrome. I have the most up-to-date version of it, so I'm not sure if it's something to do with Chrome, or the platform in which you're accessing it on (mobile, Windows, or OSX). Otherwise, you can use CSS instead of the built-in image system to achieve a maximum width so it will shrink them automatically. They just can't click on the image and have it open in a new tab to its full size. <<
PM
#
QUOTE (multiplicity! @ Dec 31 2017, 01:20 PM)
    John

I just looked at that thread and it looks for me in Google Chrome. I have the most up-to-date version of it, so I'm not sure if it's something to do with Chrome, or the platform in which you're accessing it on (mobile, Windows, or OSX). Otherwise, you can use CSS instead of the built-in image system to achieve a maximum width so it will shrink them automatically. They just can't click on the image and have it open in a new tab to its full size. <<

I have the most up-to-date version of Chrome. I even let it do an update I didn't know was needed then tried again. It's still not working.

Current version of Chrome: Google Chrome is up to date
Version 63.0.3239.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

And I'm using Windows 10 which is up-to-date for me as well.

I've never done that with CSS for images, not since PB days and I don't remember how off the top of my head. Is it easy? Cause I mean if that's the alternative I'll do it, but I was hoping to be able to just use the built-in system just cause it's so much easier lol
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll