Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

tables
#
is there a way i can code a table like so?

Attached 1 File(s)
Attached Image
PM
#
Yes. you can use something like this for the foundation, add classes to the parts that you want to have backgrounds, and then use CSS to add in those backgrounds. Or you can use divs. is there a reason you prefer tables to divs?

signature
user posted image

kindly do not use my site Discord / DM / PM me for support.
#
It's for post row template, I could use divs, I just kind of found it easier to use tables.
the generator only gives me the option to do four, for the aesthetic, there was a reason why it was one long one and 2 shorter ones
PM
#
Right next to the drop down that lets you change the font size there is a button that allows you to merge cells. Alternatively, you can research tables and code it by hand or do a web search to see if there is a different generator that suits you better.

signature
user posted image

#
ahhh i'm going to bookmark the generator for later! i did manage to figure out how to do it with just 2 tables side by side but that's good to know

thank you so much !!
PM
#
QUOTE (owl @ Jan 8 2018, 06:28 PM)
Yes. you can use something like this for the foundation, add classes to the parts that you want to have backgrounds, and then use CSS to add in those backgrounds. Or you can use divs. is there a reason you prefer tables to divs?

Handy site! I've now added it to our wiki list of external resources here: https://jcink.com/main/wiki/jfb-skinning

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Right? I love it. I use tables so infrequently that I can never remember the ins and outs, so this thing saves me. Personally I use the 'Do not generate CSS' option a lot, since for most skins that stuff is already defined, but I hope it can be helpful to lots of people either way.

signature
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll