Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

ClosedNew TopicNew Poll

ReCaptcha Image Challenge [SOLVED]
#
I am not sure why it's popping up, but I may have an idea of why.

First, I will explain that I am posting my site advertisement on other RP jcink boards that allow site advertisements. Now, when I click the ReCaptcha checkbox, it was letting me pass through it just fine.

After a certain number of sites I posted on, now it makes me do a ReCaptcha challenge every single time. It's a little bothersome, but after doing research I understand why it is in place.

Now, my question is...Is there a certain time limit or way to avoid these Image Challenges from google? Because while it's not really stopping me from posting, it just gets kind of repetitive and annoying having to do the Image Challenge every single time.

Screenshot

signature
user posted image
Made by me!
PM
#
We don't have control over how the recaptcha unit behaves -- google says it's adaptive based on its own internal checks. For some reason it is throwing you more images -- perhaps they buffed the security on it or made some change. Or someone else is spamming within your IP range so they have everything within it under "close watch." It's impossible to know. I solved a few captchas and after around 5 it gave me the image challenge, and then not again.

Unfortunately, captcha challenges are just something that will need to be tolerated. Without them, the forums get bombed with spam. It appears you will need to keep doing the image challenge until Google recognizes you as human.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
I figured that was going to be the case. Maybe I will just take a long break and see if the problem clears up in the near future. If not, I will just deal with it. Like I said, it's not truly bothersome, it just gives me a little headache haha

Thanks http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif Appreciate it!

signature
user posted image
Made by me!
PM
#
This topic has been solved. If you need anymore help please post a new thread. Thanks for choosing Jcink services.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options ClosedNew TopicNew Poll