Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Calendar Confusion
#
I've been using Jcink for a minute, but I haven't really looked into the calendar too much so apologies if I'm missing something obvious. One of my staff members hosts this awesome movie night once a week, and I thought the calendar would be the perfect way to promote this - however, my tests have stopped dead in their tracks because I'm receiving an error when I try and post a new event.

I'll include screenshots of:

1. All the settings I have now that have to do with the calendar - maybe I'm missing something.

2. The test event I'm trying to add, and

3. The error I'm getting when I try to add it

If it's not counting spaces, then it appears the error might have to do with the title length somehow, though I'm not sure how exactly it might be happening.

Attached 3 File(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

signature
user posted image

kindly do not use my site Discord / DM / PM me for support.
#
You can fix this by going to:

ACP > Gen config > Topics, Posts & Polls > Max. size of post (in kilobytes [kb]) set it to 1000. But I'm going to just remove that check from the calendar because it's confusing, and not necessary, it's an old remnant in the software. Sorry about that.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Thanks John! I had it set to some too big number (999999999999999999999999) but I followed your suggestion and it seems to be working.

I don't know if you're working on it actively, but when it went through and I got the conformation message that redirects you, I got this at the top of the page:

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 4 to be long, string given in /mnt/500gb/html/boardservice/sources/calendar.php on line 1425
Thanks, your calendar event has been posted

Please wait while we transfer you...

(Or click here if you do not wish to wait)

It only shows up on that confirmation page which immediately redirects so it's not a big issue but I figured I'd pass it along. Again, thanks for your help!

signature
user posted image

#
Also, I noticed you can't tag people in calendar events - this might be intentional, but I figured I'd mention it in case it wasn't.

signature
user posted image

#
QUOTE (owl @ May 5 2018, 07:47 PM)
Thanks John! I had it set to some too big number (999999999999999999999999) but I followed your suggestion and it seems to be working.

I don't know if you're working on it actively, but when it went through and I got the conformation message that redirects you, I got this at the top of the page:

Warning: mktime() expects parameter 4 to be long, string given in /mnt/500gb/html/boardservice/sources/calendar.php on line 1425
Thanks, your calendar event has been posted

Please wait while we transfer you...

(Or click here if you do not wish to wait)

It only shows up on that confirmation page which immediately redirects so it's not a big issue but I figured I'd pass it along. Again, thanks for your help!

Thanks, yes, it is being actively worked on at the moment.

QUOTE (owl @ May 5 2018, 09:51 PM)
Also, I noticed you can't tag people in calendar events - this might be intentional, but I figured I'd mention it in case it wasn't.

Tagging is not supported in the calendar, but this is known and is not considered to be a bug. We'll consider adding tagging to the calendar.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Sounds great to me - mass alerts got the job more than covered.

signature
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll