Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Italic isssues
#
Hello!

My forum is : here

I have just noticed that in posts without templates that the italics function is not working. I know this has something do to with the coding and wanted to know where I go in the coding to change that. I feel like something might be overriding the [i][/i*] function because while it does bold, it does not display as italics.

Thanks in advance!

Toastie
PM
#
Can you link a post where italics are being used? Might be easier to figure it out that way.

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
CODE
i {
font-family: "muli italic", sans-serif;
}

Add that to your CSS.

signature
user posted image
#
While adjusting the property of all i elements would work, this is likely happening because there is no @font-face rule for the italic variation of the Muli font. You can load Muli Italic, or let the browser take over with faux italics by specifying oblique as the font-style.
PM
#
Thank you all I will try these things. I am sorry work sort of got busy but if I have further issues I will let you know. I just meant that italics command will only work in templates and not on default posts on the board (like if I was just going to write a post without a temp).

As far as making the @font-face rule how would I do that and where would I plug it in?

I apologize I am VERY new to coding and I sort of need a step by step guide of what I am plugging in where.

This post has been edited by Toastie: Jun 30 2018, 12:18 AM
PM
#
Bumping this for visibility. I still need a bit of a guide on how to put in place some of the suggestions offered. Links to a simple guide to follow are appreciated as well. Like I said, I am new to coding and might need things explained to me on a step by step basis.
PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll