Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

CSS Help Please
#
I am new to Jcink and admit I am very rusty on my CSS skills. As I am skinning by forum I am having a hard time figuring out and would really appreciate some help.

1. On the main page is there anyway to enlarge the font of the forum names without also enlarging the font for the last post info on the right?

2. In the forum, I am having trouble figuring out which lines to change in order to change some colors. I'm attaching a pic with the problems circled.

user posted image

I would like to change the lines for the important and forum topics.

In the lower right, I would like to change the background in the search box and the admin options.

I would like to eliminate the grey background in the copyright line.

Thanks in advance for your help. My forum is https://genoacity.jcink.net/index.php?. If you spot something else to improve it, I am open to suggestions.
PM
#
Unfortunately, even though you link to your forum it's locked down for guests, so it's difficult to determine if the following is accurate, but as a shot in the dark:

1. Try something like:

.forum-row .row4 a {font-size: 16px}

2. I'm not sure what you mean by change the lines, but you can try targeting those sections with:

#topic-list .darkrow1 {CSS here}

3. In your HTML (board wrappers) find the following:

<body>

And replace it with this:

<body ID="<!-- |input_act| -->">

And then you can try using the following CSS to target it:

#SF div[align="right"] {css here}

4. In your HTML (board wrapper) find the following:

<% COPYRIGHT %>

Replace it with:

<div id="copyright"><% COPYRIGHT %></div>

And then try this in your CSS:

#copyright .row4 {background: transparent}

Let me know if any of that gave you any issues, or if I missed anything.

signature
Kindly do not contact me on Discord or PM me for support.

user posted image
#
Thanks. I will try those things. The board should be viewable now. I forgot to change it temporarily under security so it would not force you to register first.

What I forgot to mention is I am using an Invisionfree skin and that may be throwing some of the CSS off and some things not applying the same.

This post has been edited by Lucymac: Jun 29 2018, 03:42 PM
PM
#
Some success! I was able to enlarge the font for the forum names. Unfortunately it also enlarges the size of the subforum names. Any way to change that?

The background remains for the copyright. It is not a huge deal if I can't remove that but I would like to if possible.

This post has been edited by Lucymac: Jun 29 2018, 05:50 PM
PM
#
Do me a favor and in the future if a piece of CSS isn't working please leave it in until the issue is resolved - it makes it easier to figure out what's happening. That being said, you leaving the HTML there was incredibly helpful. Sorry this has been so bumpy, but we're nearly there.

Regarding issue one, replace the code I gave you:

.forum-row .row4 a {font-size: 16px}

With this:

.forum-row .row4 b a {font-size: 16px}

And that should do the trick.

For the copyright, it looks like there was an !important in the code I missed, so try this instead:

#copyright div.tableborder div.row4, #copyright .tableborder {background: transparent!important}

That should work, but a border remains - if you'd like to get rid of the border, too, replace that code with this one:

#copyright div.tableborder div.row4, #copyright .tableborder {background: transparent!important; border:0!important}

signature

user posted image
#
That does it! Thank you so much for your help!
PM
#
I'm so glad it worked! Good luck with your forum. ^^

signature

user posted image
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll