Attention:

Support Rules and Guidelines
Before you post your support topic, please remember to:
  • Read the support forum rules.
  • Check the wiki and use search to see if your problem can be answered there first.
  • Link your board please, and make sure that the problem on your board is visible to guests or provide a test account.
  • Do not post Board Wrappers and CSS unless requested. With a board link, this is not necessary.
  • Be as descriptive as you can and use as many details as possible when describing your problem.
  • Please briefly mark any links to forums that may not be work-safe.
This will help ensure your support issue will be attended to in a quick and efficient manner.

Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Changing Board URL
#
Is it possible to change the board URL to your forum? I looked and I typed in the wrong name which gave me the wrong URL. I am just wondering if it can be done. I tried in the general configuration settings in the ACP, I have no luck.
#
as of this second, there is no way to change the url
#
QUOTE (Sephiroth @ January 22, 2008 02:38 pm)
as of this second, there is no way to change the url

You how InvisionFree when you changed your board name you changed the URL or something like that. I was hopping that would be available for these boards.
#
Im not sure when/if this will happen, but you can always get a sub-domain or something and use it
#
The only reason I haven't done this already is because I want to avoid the complication of people who crack into boards, and change the urls, leaving them totally impossible to find. Too many people are often irresponsible with their boards and it would make restoring them a step more annoying. though I have though of some ways to do it without it being a problem and it should become a feature at a later date. I'd have to create a log of every time a person changed their board name so I could locate it. That's just ONE annoying step more though. I'm still debating on it though.

I don't find it very necessary though. You can easily just add a free sub domain to the board. Plus I have a few things planned to do with this in the future.

signature
email: admin@jcink.com :: blog: John C.
#
Moved to JFB Support, please post topics like this here next time. Thanks. smile.gif

signature
#
How do you do this subdomain?
#
Go to somewhere such as FreeDNS - http://freedns.afraid.org

Register, and pick a domain from the list. Then in the name put whatever you want, like thisismysite.mooo.com, testsite.t28 etc. Then select CNAME from the list, and in the little I.P Address box put:

b1.jcink.com.

Then in your forums Admin CP, click domain manager, and add the whole subdomain, such as thisismysite.moo.com etc. Wait a little while, then it should work.
#

signature
#
By tinkering around I fixed the problem.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Support | Next Newest »

Options Add ReplyNew TopicNew Poll